2024 Miami Football Schedule Announced!

5 Likes

OU at home on family weekend. I think folks had posted rumors the conference wanted to move rivalries off weeknights. That has the potential to be an electric atmosphere.

2 Likes

Initial thoughts:

Northwestern still TBD, I still think it’ll be scheduled for Labor Day Sunday at Soldier Field.

Definitely a front-loaded schedule, our toughest games on paper are all on the left side of the image. That also means that if we’re at least 5-1 we set ourselves up to get some national attention going into the heart of MAC play.

I would’ve been pissed if OU was on a weeknight so thank goodness it’s on a Saturday, good move to put it during family weekend to get as big of a crowd as possible.

2 Likes

UC in Yager? I still don’t believe it.

1 Like

I may be in the area for Northwestern and for Notre Dame. Also, extremely cool about UC playing at Yager … the last OOC home games had less than interesting opponents (LIU, for example), so I’m hopeful there will be a good crowd for this game.

Also interesting is Mizzou still on the schedule to come to Oxford in 2025. The original date was for Mizzou @ Yager in … 2012

1 Like

The contract is a rotation of Oxford, UC, Paycor through 2029. What’s the shock?

Most contracts can be found here: Public Records Frequently Requested Contracts | Intercollegiate Athletics - Miami University

3 Likes

The game against Ball State is on Election Day.

I remember the NCAA stopped having games on Election Day in 2020, but it appears they started relaxing that restriction starting in 2021:

2 Likes

Feels a little weird to not have Ball St as the final game of the year, I thought that was becoming a fun pseudo-rivalry to end the year on.

1 Like

Yea,I have posted the link before also but if they don’t list the game under future schedules on the website the game does not exist :grinning:

Every three years

This is the best home schedule in a long time with UC and Ohio both on Saturdays. Plus 4 home Saturdays is good and no FCS.

I know we have a contract with UC until 2029 but even Saylor has alluded to the game possibly not being every year and who knows about the future of division 1 football. So I am ecstatic to see it on paper

3 Likes

Based on a reading of the contract posted above by Jive, it appears that either UC or Miami could cancel the 2029 game before September 2024 for only $100,000; all other remaining games would require a $500,000 penalty for each game.

Of course, both schools could agree to cancel with no penalty, but why would Miami want to lose its remaining home games.

1 Like

And on the third Saturday of October…same as the long-standing Alabama vs Tennessee tradition. My dream has come true!

I wish that I had copied and pasted the source but I just read that Northwestern is exploring the possibility of playing home games at their practice field. They would erect massive amphitheater seating akin to the Waste Management golf tournament in Arizona. I would be fascinated to know what such an arrangement would cost. The article suggested 15,000 as a capacity.

2 Likes

Hell no. If that’s their solution then they should be forced to play 12 road games.

4 Likes

The source:

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1765030434277093469?s=46&t=XK2FAvWgTbWk5Jm-6XJ_3Q

Why wouldn’t it be in the best interests of both schools to play in Oxford? We can seat many more than 15-20k. Our seating could be at least 25k. With that 15k+ max they probably couldn’t seat all their season ticket holders, much less tickets for the families of the players and the away teams.
This a problem of their own making. I am not inclined to give them any kind of break. They want a new stadium, fine. But they must come up with a much better option than the one they are considering.
All away games? Too damn bad. And we still get paid what was provided in the contract.

2 Likes

Low-budget, but kind of funny schedule release I guess.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/jWJfyFvm21Wyp5tn/?mibextid=xfxF2i

1 Like

Tough shit, Rovell, ya nerd. That ain’t a stadium. Try harder.

2 Likes

As someone who attended the win at northwestern, a temp stadium may be an improvement over old Ryan field. What a shithole

3 Likes