2024 Miami Football Schedule Announced!

As drawn by Sally and Reggie

2 Likes

I think those Magic Marker fumes might’ve been a little too Magic**

1 Like

So we play the rabbits, the polar bears, the chefs, someone wearing a beret, a door-to-door insurance salesman, the wombats, idk, a dog, a platypus, an AC-130, a lit cigarette butt, and the mountains?

1 Like

It shows real promise. I would buy the corresponding tshirts.

1 Like

Miami’s interest for not playing in Oxford: $1.1 million dollars. We’re not making that much from hosting Northwestern.

Northwestern’s interest: TV money, ticket/concession/parking revenue, not having to travel to Oxford with associated costs.

I get that a lot here would rather play the game at home but it doesn’t make sense in general for either school.

2 Likes

You make good points, however my guess is Miami would try to work a return trip to NW at most likely a reduced payout. Advantage of that is they could get a Big Ten school at Miami for a very reduced rate plus the bonus of an extra home game early in the season so hopefully a good crowd would show up.

5 Likes

See, in these situations, one who is a fan need not strive to make sense.

And, as I said, I want the money. They have $800M for a small field, they should have anticipated that there might/would be costs for an alternate sight. They ain’t getting Soldier Field cheap. Further, this was all foreseeable years ago. OK, they just got approval. A formality.
And money is the last consideration for NW with the new media deal in the BIG. And, as I said, they can afford a palace if that’s what they are buying.
Yea, I know. Be a bitch not being able to get a ticket to the game.

1 Like

Yep, this should have been 1) hey, we may not have a field for home games in 2024 2) who do we have to relocate, 3) search for alternative sites just in case 4) verify the availability of those sites 5) notify teams of possible changes. This is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Can I ask - what do you mean “the win” as we won 7 of 10 in series? Which win do you mean as we have plenty against them.
It actually would benefit NW to play in Oxford since that was one of their wins.
I hope NW is ready for the beat down wherever they want to play us!

1 Like

Right on!

2 Likes

A similar design made a hell of a lot of money at Tennessee back in 2019

2 Likes

In regards to ESPN allowing MAC rivalry games to be played on Saturday’s in October , I think there was a compromise reached. I think maybe two rivalry games midweek in November and two on Saturdays. This is the second year in a row of Miami - Ohio on a Fall Saturday, expect that the next two years we will be back to November weeknights.

2 Likes

Thats a sweet building to the left of the practice field

1 Like

Interesting to note that Cincinnati’s visit to Oxford is the only P5 team being hosted by a MAC team this season. Several MAC teams host a G5 game with UMass and CMU hosts San Diego State. South Alabama, Jacksonville State and ODU also visit MAC campuses.

UC wants to see the Bell ( briefly).

About the home MAC games. Every dollar is so important nowadays that we now have our fans that would prefer a road game vs Northwestern vs a home game

In the early 2000s I felt like the MAC was making strides in getting home games - we had Vandy-Northwestern-Syracuse-Iowa and many other schools did too

But the guarantees kept rising and now even 2 for 1s dont make dollar sense

I liked it better before. Because if it is just about the dollars none of college sports makes sense for the MAC and most schools to be honest

But that was before this era and it is never coming back. The gap just continues to widen

1 Like

Some MAC schools are now playing one FCS team as a home game in August or early September followed by three buy games on the road for their OOC slate. Then the MAC season starts at the end of September and every team gets a couple Saturday home games in October. The season wraps up with 2-3 midweek night games in November. That’s pretty much the current MAC model for survival.

1 Like

That should really make people appreciate next year’s schedule. 4 Saturday home games in Sept and October, no FCS games, and a Big 12 team at home…6 homegames.

7 Likes

Absolutely! Best schedule since the 2020 schedule that COVID killed.

3 Likes

Missouri being in the B12 is news to me