2024 Football Season - The quest for the CFP

Miami finally confirms Notre Dame game.

1 Like

Didnt they just get another transfer qB?

Yep

2 Likes

Was there doubt about the game? It has been scheduled for about three years.

2 Likes

I don’t know. It’s been shown on FutureSchedules for a long time but never on Miami’s own site’s Future Schedules page. I’ve asked about it on the board a couple of times. It seems odd that Miami would all of a sudden feature a post about it in February - seven months before kickoff.

I thought it was addressed-signed contract has been on the web for a while and we discussed the lack of any updates on future schedules. Which led to one of many discussions regarding the lack of effort by the SID folks or digital media folks.

2 Likes

I wonder if cancellation or rescheduling might have been on the back burner. We’ll probably never know.

Miami’s Spring Roster is up.

https://miamiredhawks.com/sports/football/roster

I did not see Sam Vaughn on the roster.

Only four new transfers listed…and just one RB from Purdue, Dowling listed, not the other one - Dean. Maybe he’s coming in the summer.

Yeah I don’t think Dean is coming anymore.

1 Like

I though Sam announced he was done with football after the bowl game.

1 Like

Seems like a weak portal?

We currently list 16 players on the roster who came to Miami as transfers.

I think we’ll still add a couple more before we get to fall camp. But I’m not sure why anyone would have expected this to be a big transfer year to begin with. We return a lot of players from a team that was very good. Not a ton of holes to fill on this roster. I think we have some younger guys that are ready to step up too

4 Likes

I agree. Looking at that roster I see an impressive group. We have tons of experience, with a good mix of portal. I think you are right regarding young players stepping up. I think on offense you will see Virgil be more of a deep threat. Javon Tracy will be the #1 target for our QB’s. Look for Eli Coppess and Adam Trick to get more snaps on defense. RedHawk fans should be excited about 2024.

5 Likes

Ben Jackson did, not sure Sam said anything

3 Likes

Gotcha. I knew it was one of the Kentucky guys. Sam has been on campus at Miami for five years. He has two years of eligibility left.

I notice Que Williams is gone from the roster.

1 Like

Que?

2 Likes