2024 Football Season - The quest for the CFP

Whoever developed this list hadn’t been paying much attention since last season ended. JMU is almost as much a blank sheet of paper as Washington. The Dukes lost their entire coaching staff, their starting QB to Texas State and 10 starters to Indiana.

Missouri?! Aren’t they a SEC participant, not a competitor?

It’s a pipe dream for all but one G5 fanbase. The “best” one listed is not even 16%. At least we’re included. Hell, according to this meaningless list, we have a better chance than our old buddy Dequan Finn.

1 Like

Actually, all the percentages for G5 teams should add up to 100%, as one is guaranteed to be in - unless another G5 team wins the competition. They almost do. The percentage under 100% must be the G5 field.

2 Likes

You expect the world wide leader to understand simple arithmetic knowledge?!?!

Finished in the top10 and beat OSU in the bowl game. Ranked 11th in both preseason polls. I don’t know how much they have coming back, but their coaching staff is intact. I’d say they’re a serious contender for the cfp.

1 Like

Mizzou arguably has the best WR in the country in Bolden and Brady Cook is a top 15, maybe top 10 QB.

2 Likes

So just assuming those projections held up perfectly, the playoff would be

1st Round Byes: UGA, Oregon, Clemson and Kansas

1st Round Hosts: Texas, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame

1st Round Visitors: Alabama, Oklahoma, Missouri, Boise State

Penn State finally makes the playoff to be the first team to lose a home playoff game. I’m here for it.

2 Likes

Chuck staying in the public eye - good for MU.
https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/1828841228999246228?s=46&t=huftF2M-usMmpLgSfnlG6A

5 Likes

The new defense-minded Mike Leach! Quirkiness and eccentricity are us!

1 Like

Does Chuck sneak in a quick F bomb at the end, there?

3 Likes

LOL! Penn State isn’t making anything as long as Franklin is coaching that team.

The captions had him dropping a couple F bombs but I’m not sure they were correct😂

True fact: I read that on Mork & Mindy, Robyn Williams used to sneak curse words from many languages into Mork’s gibberish dialogue and the network had to employ an expert translator on set to catch his antics. Legend!

Ps, Yahoo rated my fantasy draft a D-. Given I had auto draft on because of school pick up time conflicts, I’d say they should be pointing fingers at themself. It was their bot making the picks!

Rant over, love you Chuck. Don’t go changin’

3 Likes

The MAC posted this pirate poster on Facebook. I think Zippy dressed as Blackbeard is absolutely frightening!

Go Zips! Make the MAC proud on Saturday! No Quarter!

3 Likes

What school is between us and NIU?

The Golden Flashes

1 Like

Ahhh. that makes sense…

4 Likes

from a distance ours just looks like the shitty logo you find on clothes and merch at Kroger

1 Like