2024 Football Season - The quest for the CFP

I believe we have a good number in the metro Atlanta area also. Would love to see us play Georgia Tech.

1 Like

We recently played (and beat) them in basketball. @yanksalex and I were two of the only Miami fans there.

2 Likes

LA and the Bay Area both have active and sizable alumni groups. San Diego also has a chapter. At last count there were about 1,000 in the combined Seattle/Portland areas. There are four separate chapters in the Carolinas…

Based on Linked-In California is #3 for states where Miami Alumni live, behind Illinois and Ohio

1 Like

I know there are just over 1,000 Miami alums each in Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth, and nearly 1,000 in Austin. A game at Baylor would be more or less equal distance from those three metro areas.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I loved the Army West Point series that we have had and went to all of them. I would love to watch us beat up on BC, UConn, or Army as they are close for me. Bring on Rutgers!

1 Like

I think that game would have received far more attention on this board (it was hardly a thing of beauty but still a MAC win over the Big 12) but it just became a meaningless footnote to us because a few hours later, Miami beat UC.

1 Like

2 Likes

Very deserving of this recognition. He is going to have a monster year with a great OL, his favorite target back in Coldiron, Javon Tracy is a 1st team MAC candidate, McDonald is this years version of Sorenson, and several other good receivers at TE and WR. Plus, Davis in the flat and a couple more experienced and surprise receivers. A more than solid running game, and a coach who knows what to call.
If I sound excited, it’s because I am. Looking forward to attending NW, ND, EMU, UT, BG, and at least two home games. It’s gonna be great!!

4 Likes

Solid write up.

3 Likes

This is definitely the season to be living on the I-90 corridor.

3 Likes

Best year ever for a Toledo-based Miami fan.

2 Likes

SE Michigan right behind as far as best location.

1 Like

We have one of the toughest schedules of any of the G5 contenders.

2 Likes

ESPN+ article by David Hale has us as one of six teams in the G5 CFP contention tier (with App State, Boise State, Liberty, Memphis, and USF). Also correctly points out that we were eight points from 13-1 last season.

3 Likes

https://x.com/pregameempire/status/1828161755647737951?s=46&t=oallIeFEhKH9sCOJPSKdyw

This ESPN+ article has Miami outside the top 10 but has us as one of the teams with the most upside

2.6% chance per ESPN FPI.

Toledo 2.8%.

1 Like

It goes to show you how much of a pipe dream as Rutgers and Maryland are twice as likely to make it as we are……lol

1 Like