2023 Spring Portal

He’s very good, but I like Gabbert.

2 Likes

Pick:

Comp 443 Att 655 Pct 67.6 Yds 5444 Y/A 8.3 TD 39 INT 11 Rate 153.7

Comp 450 Att 765 Pct 58.5 Yds 6259 Y/A 8.2 TD 45 INT 14 Rate 143.3

Brett’s only fragile because a certain coach doesn’t know how to pull him from the game when he doesn’t need to be in it.

3 Likes

I need more info. How many starts for each? How many games missed due to injury?

CM is in charge and is to blame. However. Gabbert is responsible for himself. He has to be smarter. The injury vs. Kentucky is understandable. Game 1, playing against a big SEC team. He wanted to show out….and he did. He looked great. That said, he needs to be aware of the situation. Upside to staying vs. downside. CM actually tried to pull him and he lost his crap. CM caved and let him back in the game. The second injury though…. Game was over, we were toast, he held the ball way too long. Just throw it away next time Brett.

3 Likes

You can’t blame the player for wanting to compete. You can blame the coach for not acting like a coach and telling him “you are done for today”. That injury was squarely on CM.

25 games for the first line

30 games for the second line.

Both have played for 4 years. I can’t answer your question re-injuries.

1 Like

I like accuracy, I choose option 1

2 Likes

This is all reminding me of the 80’s beer wars. I can’t speak for everyone on this page, but I got real spun out for a long while trying to decide between “tastes great” and “less filling”

Tastes great. That’s easy.

2 Likes

I like winners more than stats.

2 Likes

It’s so true! When did anyone drinking beer ever go, “I love this beer, but I worry how filling it is.” Just manufactured nonsense.

2 Likes

14-11 for line 1.

17-13 for line 2.

5 Likes

Phil I don’t disagree with you in a bubble. But in college football especially, where the QBs traditionally have less ability to call plays on their own or change plays at the line of scrimmage, that accuracy percentage can be affected by poor play calling, calling plays late in the time clock, and/or calling plays that are higher risk but greater reward, i.e. pass plays that are more difficult to complete. I am not saying any of this applies to line 1 or line 2, but just making a comment in general.

Last year’s injuries can be blamed at least partly on our coach. The injuries in his first 3 years cannot. Brett needs to know when to get down and avoid taking dangerous hits. The injuries in his first 3 years were caused by him diving forward and getting speared.

3 Likes

Look we are all dancing around the real problem, genetics. Clearly, the fault lies with Gabbert’s parents for having an injury-prone son!! :grinning:

1 Like

Need to protect him like he’s Drew Brees this season!