2023 PG Markus Burton [Miami Offer]

Taking an unofficial tomorrow. Some really impressive performances lately too!

4 Likes

From a 5/22 AAU game.

2 Likes

TWITTER.

INBASKETBALLNEWS:

Over the weekend, Penn guard Markus Burton attracted a dozen D1 coaches to his Indy Heat-Red games at the Hardwood Invitational. After a fantastic junior year, Burton has a few D1 offers and tons of interest. Bob Huggins and a West Virginia assistant sat in the first row of Burton’s game on Saturday. Purdue-Fort Wayne’s Jon Coffman and two assistants were there, and Ball State’s Michael Lewis plus an assistant watched. Miami’s Travis Steele and assistants from Toledo, Illinois State, Evansville, Grand Canyon, and others observed Burton.

Burton tallied 29 points, including a layup as the buzzer sounded, to give Indy Heat-Red a win over Bounce Elite. He fully displayed quickness and his finishing ability in the game. There was shot-blocker in the lane to bother Burton, but his change of direction with the ball in his hands provided a wow factor.

1 Like

Received an offer on his visit today

3 Likes

Good on the staff for making their interest known.

3 Likes

…offered by Ball State

1 Like

Appalachian State offer

UIC offer, Drake offer

Notre Dame offer

From offers of App State, UIC and Drake to Notre Dame in 28 days.

Is that the definition of blowing up?

2 Likes

Before Twitter I wasn’t that familiar with AAU ball, but it’s obvious how important it is for players and coaches this time of year.

1 Like

Me thinks Notre Dame

I forgot that’s his hometown team.

I hope he at least had a nice podium from which to make his announcement.

As part of his scholarship, Notre Dame guaranteed he’ll never have to step foot in the hall of blues to look at that terrible podium. They’re also working on setting up an NLI deal for him with a local podium manufacturer.

1 Like