2023 NCAA Tournament thread

UK pitchers are starting to stuff our bats up our booties - getting us to chase all kinds of bad pitches.

Living on the edge. Need to take a few more pitches. They know it, coach said it, easy to say but—

1 Like

Wow. Their D is keeping us from large innings.

What easily could have been first and third with one out turns into an inning ending double play.

Errors kill

Rats.

1 Like

They sure do.

Damn.

1 Like

And then what could have been an inning ending double play for Miami instead becomes a 3 run homer.

I’m starting to write the possible headline:

“UK defense, key Miami error negate strong RedHawks pitching outing”

Come on Miami! Make me tear it up!

I didn’t mean make me change the narrative about a good pitching outing! Damn!

1 Like

Tear up the part about “strong pitching performance”. Is there any reason Coach K is leaving her out there?

1 Like

I did. Pitching’s actually been our weak spot all season. Last year we had Vierstra - who was dominant - and Pratt as a decent second. This season reinforced that Pratt is not a Vierstra and we really haven’t had a suitable second. Time to go shopping!

How the Hell did we manage to get run ruled in this one!

Not going to say she is the only reason we lost, because we didn’t hit worth a damn either, but Barlow’s play at short was terrible.

Two three run home runs by the starter, one two run bomb and another solo shot off the reliever - thats on the pitching staff.

SS errors only really cost us one run. UK made a number of fine defensive plays. The lopsidedness of this loss was squarely on the pitchers.

11 years ago yesterday, Miami upset Tennessee.

1 Like

Yesterday, all our troubles seemed so far away…

2 Likes

As expected, we’ll play EIU tomorrow in the elimination game. Starting to look like we might actually have been the four seed. The Panthers gave Northwestern all they could handle today, losing just 2-0. Could be an early exit - sure hope not. Better bring it tomorrow.

The grad transfer pitcher from Bowling Green just no-hit NKU for Tennessee.

UK/NU has been a huge shootout. Start of the Miami game is going to be quite a bit delayed.