2023 NCAA Tournament thread

Thanks!

Anyone who knows me knows where I stand on naming a college with a cardinal direction from a brand standpoint. But, itā€™s recently come to my attention (like this morning recent on ESPN) that Central Arkansas who is being picked as a possible upset against Alabama had the absolute genius insight to name their team ā€œthe sugar bearsā€ I might need to change my views on the mediocrity of naming schools after cardinal directions now although Iā€™d like them even better if they were Sugar Bear State University.

So would Sugar Bear. I hope Post doesnā€™t take them to court.

Come on Miami light up Big Blue!

Good start. 1-0 heading to the bottom of the 1st.

1 run for us in the top of the 1st. A lot of solid contact.

Jerseys look cool, but playing in front of a national audience, it would be nice to see ā€œMiamiā€ on display.

4 Likes

Granted, I donā€™t know a whole lot about softball, but is this strike zone pretty tight so far?

2 Likes

Wildcats leave them loaded! 1-0 Miami after 1

Definitely getting squeezed. Pratt needs to adjust. Lucky to get out of that first inning unscathed.

2 Likes

Great D by 1st baseman

2 Likes

Took a lot of pitches to get out of it though, which is a problem when we only have one playable pitcher and we could potentially have to play as many as five games this weekend.

1 Like

Kirin def needs to take that recruiting trip to California to pick up two or three good ones.

1 Like

Not a productive inning. Hope Pratt settles in.

1 Like

Our softball yard looks a lot nicer than Northwesternā€™s.

Hate to see the #9 hitter reach on an error. Hope thatā€™s not costly.

1-0 'Hawks after 2

1 Like

OK -Two on and two out. Time to go big fly!

Nice play by the UK LF to save probably 2 runs. 1-0 mid 3

1 Like

Two big league plays by UK outfielders so far have kept them close.

1 Like

Rats. Good play by bad ladies if she misses that we may have two runs. Oh well. Keep playing D.

1 Like