2023 MAC Transfer Portal

A post was merged into an existing topic: Portal Possibilities?

Lots of updates above and per verbal commits, here is the leaderboard:

CMU 7
BGSU 6
UB 5
Miami 5
Toledo 5
Ball State 4
Akron 3
NIU 2
EMU, Kent, Ohio 0

Billy, you want a school where you will be happy academically and socially, you want a location you feel good about, and you want a school which needs your type of player and where you feel you will get a great chance to play. With that many schools interested, you should be able to find a good fit.

Iā€™d be off to Brown if I were Billy!

1 Like

As said aboveā€¦heā€™ll be fine, and weā€™ll likely see Billy again, just across the court.

Bellarmine is probable to meā€¦but Brown would be a good choice, IVY league was very good this year and continues to become more and more competitive.

Not like Brown was terribleā€¦

And Brown offers an Ivy education and needs based financial aid. That aid package - unless his family is rich - is probably far better than an athletic grant in aid.

IUPUI my prediction. You can take the boy outta Indyā€¦

The old adage is donā€™t let a four year decision torpedo a forty year decision.

Hearing from is not the same as scholarship offer. Good luck to Billy

4 Likes

Billy, please donā€™t go to ew poo.

Put another way, choose brown over ew poo.

I win again!

It generally means he will get an offer from one if not more, with a list that longā€¦heā€™s in portal, they would not bother otherwise.

I agree. I am sure he will get offers. Multiple. But not everyone of those schools

Well, probably about all of those teams are looking for a wing who is a shooter. They likely have several guys they are looking at. As soon as they sign someone who fits their needs, they will no longer be interested.

1 Like

Mitchell Rylee in the portal as of 10 minutes ago. This drops us to 12 scholarship players, so frees up room for an additional transfer portal player or high school player.

2 Likes

Payton Sparks commits to Indiana.

I wish Mitchell well wherever he lands and hope he finds a great opportunity. Heā€™s a kid whoā€™s been through a lot.

3 Likes

I wish Mitchell the best. Seemed like a classic ā€œtweenerā€. Had size to excel against average high school talent, but just not quite tall enough or fast enough to adapt to college competition.

Could maybe be said about both of Owensā€™ recruits?

1 Like

And to think he wanted to come to Miami, but Owens took Harrison instead. Not going to knock the choice at the time, but I would have loved to have had Sparks at center.

1 Like

Sureā€¦but alas he would have portalā€™d out anyway.

2 Likes