2023 MAC Tournament

Pitchers duel in the CMU / OU game…scoreless in the Bottom 6th

Ohio took game 1.

Ball St went up 4-0 in the third, but Miami has stormed back to take an 8-4 lead in the fifth. Rally is still going with nobody out.

2 Likes

Miami wins 8-4 - plays Ohio at 3:30 tomorrow.

2 Likes

Two more wins and we’re in? Or three if we lose to Ohio?

1 Like

Central eliminates Ball State 4-1.

3 Likes

Miami is up 5-1 over OU in the top of the 6th . Coyne with a HR and 3 RBIs.

4 Likes

Miami wins 8-4. Moves on to the championship game tomorrow. Spaid with another HR today.

2 Likes

Is it a single game or do they get two shots at it?

Double elimination…Game 1 at 3:00 PM and (if necessary, i.e. Miami were to lose Game 1) Game 2 is at 5:30 PM.

3 Likes

Back to back 8-4 wins. Get one more tomorrow and go dancing!

1 Like

It’s a rematch. RedHawks vs Bobcats Saturday in an elimination game for Ohio. Bobcats eliminated Central 7-2 today.

Twilight Zone: after the CMU game I turned on the PAC12 semis to watch my grad school Huskies play Utah. Strangely, Utah won 8-4. My two college teams have been involved in three straight 8-4 games. Very weird!

2 Likes

No matter what happens today, this team has become quite the dynasty in the MAC. In softball it’s crucial to have one pitching ace. Last year was Vierstra with Pratt as the backup. This year it was Pratt. Hopefully coach K has a freshman ace coming in as we still have offense that will be here next year!

3 Likes

Time for a recruiting trip to California and Arizona.

1 Like

A line of pretty strong thunderstorms are likely to be in the Oxford vicinity between 2-4 today. They could impact todays championship game, scheduled to start at 3.

We got through our big outdoor commencement this morning unscathed. Storms looked like they were running about 50 miles northeast of Oxford during the morning. Lucked out!

1 Like

Not looking any better at 2 pm. Storms are moving from northwest to southeast.

I also was at commencement. Sad that it is ending but happy for her 4 years

3 Likes

Always bittersweet. Then you look up and they’ve been out of school 6-7 years.

5-0 MU top of 3rd

1 Like

RedHawks for the win! We going to the show. This coach runs a class operation.

8 Likes