2023 MAC Tournament

Yea us!!

2 Likes

Selection show Sunday 5/14/23 at 7:00 PM ESPN2.

2 Likes

So awesome. Way to go, ladies!

I’d love to see us end up in any bracket besides OU or Stanford!

3 Likes

Or UCLA. I think one of their pitchers throws 100. Kidding or am I?

3 Likes

I’ll take UCLA. I could actually go!

3 Likes

The most recently published RPI rankings only use games through Thursday, so take it for what it’s worth, but according to those rankings, there’s 16 automatic qualifiers below us. If Omaha can go 1/2 against SDSU tomorrow in the Summit tournament, that number would become 17. I think we probably get a 3 seed, but it’s not a guarantee.

I can’t find a list of first round sites on the NCAA pages.maybe they don’t know until tonight.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/softball/bracketology

I found another RPI rankings list that goes through Saturday, but it’s not on the official NCAA site, so no idea how legit it is. That ranking list has 14 automatic qualifiers behind us (15 if Omaha wins the Summit). It’s super congested around us though. Going to be tight for getting a 3 seed. One thing potentially helping us is that we played Campbell earlier this season and run ruled them.

Gut feel is that we are heading to Evanston…just a gut feel, though.

1 Like

Utah upset Washington in the tournament semi-final and then beat UCLA to win the PAC-12 Championship. I’m guessing the PAC-12 gets about six or seven teams into the dance, all of them dangerous.

I think NW is beatable. Although I think half their starters are 5th year players. Their main pitcher seems to have a very good changeup.

Another interesting piece of that season-opening tournament in Charlotte that included our win over Campbell was our 5-4 loss to South Carolina. USC lost the SEC Championship game to Tennessee 3-1.

1 Like

Omaha gets the win over SDSU, which moves us forward a spot.

2 Likes