2023 Football Season

BR rated our D line the sixth best out of the 10 conferences. That probably means they think we’ve got the best D line in G5.

2 Likes

Just bought my tickets for the Miami-Miami game on Stubhub. Google says the visitors section at Hard Rock is section 122 so that’s where I bought them. Staying at the Stadium Hotel within a mile of Hard Rock on Thursday and Friday nights. Seemed like a good option.

1 Like

The 2023,Bowl Season has been solidified. Looks like the MAC is again primary in 6 and secondary in 4 others. The Lending Tree Bowl in Mobile is now the 68 Ventures Bowl.

My favorite is the Myrtle Beach Bowl - as a secondary. But unless we get to the MAC Championship game, it’s probably our turn in Boise.

I’m am now assuming at least 6 wins is a given.

Finn ahead of Gabbert? So no 1st or 2nd team RedHawks?? Gabbert will have the best year of any MAC QB in ‘23.

2 Likes

Both rankings I’ve seen have it Roarke, Finn and Gabbert. Three completely different kinds of QB. Miami plays both Roarke and Finn. Can’t wait to see what happens!

1 Like

Hey Gabbert was injured a good part of last year. If he cares about these rankings (and honestly I don’t know why he would), he will prove it on the field. That is the only place it matters.

4 Likes

I think the ratings are reasonable. Gabbert was ranked #1 last year preseason, but his performance when he returned from injury was not particularly good while Finn and Roark had big years and took their teams to the MACC. Brett has something to prove this year.

2 Likes

Oh I get it. I just disagree.

1 Like

Jumping the gun a bit, but it looks like we should be solid favorites in 5 out of the first 7 games. If we can hold serve in those games and steal one from Coral Gables or UC, we’d be 6-1 going into the Toledo game. That’s the kind of territory where a G5 team is usually receiving votes in national polls.

2 Likes

I’m really worried about the offensive line. I think defense will be very strong. So, 7-5 with a healthy Gabbert. I see a 5-7 season at best without Brett playing most games.

6-6

5 Likes

Why not 6-6? Seems like a safe bet.

3 Likes

Hey Guys - Wakeup

It’s still June and we all know that Miami will go 12 & 0, win the MAC championship game, and then go to a New Years Day Bowl!

4 Likes

I like to live dangerously.

2 Likes
4 Likes

O line and D line depth a concern and of course O play calling!

2 Likes

That should be the goal.

Touché

1 Like

Why anyone would bet on anything other than 6-6 is beyond me…

3 Likes

Well 7-5 is always a possibility w Chuck’s teams and coaching…