2023 Coaching Carousel

They could not be less in the mix.

3 Likes

You never want to be the guy who follows a legend. Bama is Bama but their boosters and fan base are going to have near-impossible expectations.

2 Likes

The boosters and alums will be the deciding factors in who gets hired in Tuscaloosa. And speaking of Tuscaloosaā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

The ā€œmixā€ I was suggesting is the conversational banter going on among 'Bama fansā€¦I agree that both are not going to be hiredā€¦but fans always shoot beyond their targets.

Norvell would seem to be a great pickā€¦heā€™s turned Florida Stateā€¦and may be ready for the next rung on the ladder after feeling he got shafted by the CFP committeeā€¦

What about Jumbo payout Fisher? Isnā€™t he a free bird?

1 Like

If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would put my money on Norvell or Lanning.

2 Likes

I think Lanning is who they really want.

1 Like

True, just ask my Ex-wifeā€™s husband.

1 Like

Lanning says he is staying at Oregon.

1 Like

Yep. He announced it earlier today. I think thatā€™s a smart move. Oregon is going to be loaded next season - and will be bringing a nasty attitude.

2 Likes

It may also have to do with NIL - heā€™s figured out how to tap into the Knight$ and knows BIG$ eclipses SEC$. Believe it or not Bama is prob 4-6th in NIL$ in SEC (and prob falling with UT & OK coming). Crazy but Oregon might be a better job in this new day.

1 Like

In some ways itā€™s been a better job for years. You get to live in Eugene instead of Tuscaloosa. And Iā€™m not a Duck fan. Lol

1 Like

Norvell out of Bama running. Just signed an 8 year, 80 million extension with FSU. Good thing I am not a betting man! Sark out too.

Tommy Rees gets it perhaps? Or Deboer?

1 Like

Jumbo baby. (Cue the Braniff airplane and logo)
Believe it!

If DeBoer jumps itā€™s quite possibly a sign he and the new AD couldnā€™t see eye-to-eye on a contract extension - which they agreed to postpone until after the National Chsmpionship game.

Absent that, I think DeBoer would be crazy to take the Bama job. Of all the coaches in the new Big10 migration, heā€™s probably in the best position in terms of familiarity with the Midwest. Heā€™s not a southern guy, has no experience in the Southeast, and no relationship with either the SEC or the University of Alabama.

His daughter is a freshman on the highly ranked UW Softball team.

All heā€™d get by going to Bama besides a buyout is 2 1/2 years of criticism and a firing half way through season three. In the eyes of Bama boosters, heā€™d need to win the Natty his first two years to gain any respect from them.

There are about 20 four star athletes already in the Bama outbound portal and more to come after the 72 hour wait the UA AD asked them to honor.

Hereā€™s a current update. I still donā€™t think itā€™s a good idea.

UCā€™s defensive coordinator is headed to Ole Miss.

Yep looks like Deboer is going to take the job.

Didnā€™t Bryan Brown play at Ole Miss?

I believe he did