2023 Coaching Carousel

We have 3 home games coming up vs UC, no need to make any decision about dropping them now. Those could/should be big crowds and we might win a couple of them. No need to talk about dropping this series until we see how things play out.

2 Likes

It is almost comical how often the phrase “student athlete” is used when athletic directors are interviewed by the media.

1 Like

LOL you said cartel. That is exactly right.

https://x.com/mzenitz/status/1767226477425127723?s=20

Need a new RB coach.

Didn’t Miami get a Ben Davis recruit after he got here?

1 Like

Yes. Thomas Gotkowski, early enrollee QB

Thanks, you beat me to it.

1 Like

How many assistant FB coaches have left? Money issues?

1 Like

Championship issues

We lost a guy to Purdue and another to Pitt and some other p4 right

1 Like

Coach White (WR) - Packers
Coach Simmons (RB) - Purdue
Coach Bro (SPECS) - Pitt

That was this year

Last year:

Coach Burton (DL) - Tulsa
Coach Koehler (QBs) - Minnesota
Coach Conard (RBs) - Purdue

When you win everyone wants your staff, and rightfully so they’ve done a great job

3 Likes

Well said, Doctor Cakes.

Well, well said.

Both money and opportunity are reasons coaches would leave. Most assistants hope to work their way up to a head coaching position or to be an assistant at a Power conference or an NFL team where even the assistants make great money.

1 Like

Uh, was this not a diplomatic unofficial firing?

2 Likes

I’m well aware. And I’m happy for the guys who are moving up. At the same time I selfishly wish they were still here because they’ve all been great to me

1 Like

Frame it however you want, he’s no longer here and is at a different school so I put him on the list :man_shrugging:

No, it wasn’t. He wasn’t fired.

1 Like

You missed Joe Bowen last year’s LB coach who went to UBuffalo as DC and LB coach.

That might be our biggest loss.

2 Likes

It’s the “Cradle”!

4 Likes

Don’t know how I forgot him but you’re absolutely right. Knew I was missing someone on that list

1 Like

I may have missed it on here, but read that Iowa hired former WMU head coach Tim Lester as their OC, a position he hasn’t held since 2015. Interesting hire by Iowa-is he the answer for their offensive problems or is he the best they could get?