2023 Coaching Carousel

DeBoer apparently bringing South Alabama head coach Kane Wommack to Tuscaloosa as DC. Wommack was the DC at Indiana when DeBoer was the OC.

2 Likes

Fisch is bringing his entire Offensive staff with him to Washington and at least two guys from the D side. Some kids will likely follow.

The saga continues. A successful coach leaves, takes his staff and key pieces of his high performing team. They take off the old gear and put on new uniform of a different color. Jonathan Smith actually left his Beavers gear at the Corvallis Goodwill Store on the way out to Michigan State.

James Madison becomes Indiana. Washington becomes Alabama. Arizona becomes Washington.

Whoā€™s next? Does Toledo, San Jose or UTSA become Arizona?

You need to see ā€œSimple Thingsā€.

If twitter is to believed, Harbaughā€™s condition to sign a new contract with Michigan is that it include a clause that he canā€™t be fired for ncaa violations. He literally wants a permission to cheat clause. Iā€™d guess Santa Ono would do it in a minute but saner people are putting the brakes on the notion.

Somebody want to explain how Ono got that job in the first place. I thought he was a joke at UC.

1 Like

A ā€œJokeā€ in what regard? I donā€™t pretend to recall much of what happened during his tenure at UC, but I do remember him being universally loved by UC students and alumni. They were very sad to see him go.

I think his act wore thin at the end. He made a lot of very big promises, presented himself as this transformational figure that was going to take UC to the promised land and delivered on none of it: AAU membership, Comprehensive Cancer Center, co-flagship status with the state and a spot in a P5 conference.

What he was good atā€“and it seems to be the formula heā€™s following at UMā€“is to attach himself to the sports teams and incorporate them into his personal brand and popularity.

Forget what he did at UC. He broke up the Beatles. Enough said!

1 Like

That sounds like an admission of wrong doing. Brilliant during the NCAA investigation,eh? ( Harbaugh)

1 Like

Buffalo coach headed to Alabama as an assistant

https://x.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1747390594798780838?s=46&t=Mwc894NmZi2sl3ixPUgjFA

Interesting.

Arizona hires San Joseā€™s Brett Brennen.

He probably left before they asked him to leave.

2 Likes

Probably some truth to that.

1 Like

They clearly made the hire to improve their Linguistics program.

1 Like

Wommack is going to be the DC. So presumably Linguist is leaving Buffalo to beā€¦a position coach. Yikes. And just last offseason he was a finalist for the UC job!

I strongly believe that Buffalo is one of the four best jobs in the MAC and, to say the least, Mr. Linguist did not capitalize on it.

1 Like

Linguist was a terrible head coach.

1 Like

Terrific tracker site!

Leipold sure did.

And heā€™ll probably just about double his salary by leaving to be a position coach.

1 Like