2022 Postseason Tournaments

They (Kent) could win it…we however Miami sucks so bad, that these are invited:

PS Surprised Kent took it…not sure where this is played, maybe fun destination?

Please, tell me no more.

Skins- Maryland Eastern Shore isn’t exactly a powerhouse (or anywhere near good), but they’ve been D1 for a while. You’ve not heard of them?

1 Like

Ha…no, heard of them of course…just have not seen it abbreviated like that…too much bourbon tonight, just can’t take it on eve of tourney action.

We just suck so much!

Me too. Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch was my March-Madness-we-suck anesthetic of choice this year. :smirk:

1 Like

Here is the MAC men’s postseason schedule:

Akron is our NCAA tournament representative. They play UCLA in Portland on Thursday at 9:50 on TBS.

Toledo gets the automatic bid to the NIT for winning the regular season championship but not getting in the NCAA. Toledo hosts Dayton tonight at 7:00 on ESPN+.

Kent State is playing in The Basketball Classic. They also play tonight at 9:00 at Southern Utah on ESPN+

Ohio is the #3 seed in the CBI and will play Rice On Saturday on Flo -hoops TBA.

The other top team, Buffalo, got shut out.

Go Rice!

1 Like
3 Likes

Ohio: 24-9
Ohio with Rice: 0-1

Dayton 34 Toledo 23 at the half. In watching the game, Toledo is getting good shots, just missing them all. Dayton’s size has hurt them. Toledo was 0 for 10 on 3’s, then finally hit one at the buzzer to end the half. If they start sticking those open shots, they could get right back in it. A couple of thousand UD fans there and it looks like a full house.

74-55 Dayton. Toledo had to shoot well from outside and they had a terrible night on open threes. The last stat I heard was 3 for 18. Shumate, who led the MAC in 3 point percentage and hit 59% from the floor was 0 for 5 and 0 for 10 overall. Dayton’s big men scored at will inside, but that happened in MAC games too. So UT ends a championship season with two numbing losses. They do have every player eligible to come back.

Imagine Miami versus Dayton…wow.

Kent was up 2 at halftime, now down 48-46 at Southern Utah.

Kent down 3 with under 4 minutes to go.

SUU 83 Kent 79. Sincere Carry, the MAC POY, sucked just as badly tonight as he did in the MACC. Sullenger and Garcia and Jacobs played very well for Kent.

Doesn’t bode well for Akron and Ohio. How did the MAC get so bad?

It’s not that bad. I know of a MAC coach who hasn’t finished in the top half of the league once in his 5 years there. I feel like he would’ve been fired if the MAC wasn’t a conference of juggernauts.

3 Likes

Turner Sports: Alright, we’ve got March Madness coming up. It’s our biggest event of the year. There’s gonna be tons of people watching. It’s very important that we get this right. We’re looking for another analyst to fill out our studio team. For an event like this, we can get just about any analyst we want. Who should we hire?

Network Executive: I know just the guy. He’s a rando NBA journeyman who’s been out of the league for over two decades, does not follow college basketball at all, has no media experience, has limited social skills, and is mostly known for reposting viral videos on his twitter page.

Turner Sports: Should we give him a trial run first to see how he does?

Network Executive: No

Turner Sports: Ok, he’s hired.

2 Likes

I hate UC, but I respect Mick Cronin, so I hope UCLA curbstomps Akron.

3 Likes

Akron actually played pretty well.

I thought they were unlucky on the foul calls with Freeman - not saying that each individually were terrible but he didnt get any breaks and every time a foul could be called he got it instead of a teammate or play on.

There is a huge difference between winning and almost winning but they didn’t embarrass us

It did stop a 3 game day 1 MAC winning streak I believe- Ohio and Buffalo twice

If I’m not mistaken, Akron still hasn’t won an ncaa tourney game yet. I’ll have to ask my colleague Google.

1 Like