2022 Postseason Tournaments

By virtue of being a regular season champ who lost in the conference tournament, Toledo gets an autobid to the NIT. They were drawn against 1 seed Dayton, who isn’t able to host because of the First Four, so the Rockets get to play the game on their home floor.

2 Likes

I was actually surprised that Toledo got what would have been the worst seed - this explains it

Dayton needed to tell the NIT to let them host on Thursday night at 9pm. Shoot, even 10pm! But play at UD Arena.

For the fans that remember the early 1990s- I am surprised George Mason’s gym wasn’t available

1 Like

UD should have asked Wright State if the could have used The Nutter Center. :wink:

Memories of 2006(?) when Miami should have hosted Butler, but Millett was being used for some ball or something, and instead we had to play in Indy and lost by 1 at the buzzer. Also, didn’t 8 seed Robert Morris host (and beat) 1 seed UK several years ago since Rupp wasn’t available?

2 Likes

Yes on both of those fronts. If Dayton loses at Toledo, their UDPride site will blow up. I haven’t looked at Blackburn Review, yet

2 Likes

NIT particioant - Cleveland St. plays at Xavier on Tues. evening.

Ouch could be last game for Steele.

1 Like

Ohio to play Rice in CBI.

1 Like

What a honor…if only we could reach such heights!

1 Like

No postseason tournament for Kent? Did they maybe turn down an invite? You’d think they’d get one over Ohio.

2 Likes

I’m sure declined based on end of season shenanigans

2 Likes

Has the college insiders announced yet?

The CIT is supposedly having a very hard time finding enough teams willing to play.

Ergo, I declare the Miami RedHawks champions of the CIT!

2 Likes

It is now called The Basketball Classic.

As of now, no games scheduled:

https://www.thebasketballclassic.com/schedule-results.php

They are up to 21 teams- amazing that they had a covid cancellation on a bracket that hasnt even been finalized

I happen to know for a fact that when the NIT participants were announced in 2006 and they called to speak with our athletic department representative that person was asleep on Sunday night.

A similar incident also occurred in the 2009 bracket buster game against Evansville. We were supposed to have a home game but the university was using Millett for a bicentennial dance party. The team arrived home after being defeated while this was taking place. No joke.

Kent is in the new CiT

2 Likes