2022 Coaching Search

Please not Geno Ford. Please not Geno Ford. I can’t handle that.

4 Likes

He runs a company with ~25 employees and deals with NBA superstars all day. I’d love to know what part of that says he doesn’t have experience running an organization and hiring the right people.

3 Likes

So many choices…so little money.

1 Like

You did check off the box for two of the three things I mentioned (again, I had no prior knowledge of the extent of his organization as you have), but the other was head coaching experience on a team level. Just because he has no prior experience doesn’t mean he couldn’t be a good head coach, but it’s an unknown. If possible, I would prefer a hire w at least some HC experience at the college level.

3 Likes

Would love Powell… if he can take what he learned at Gonzaga, and help turn us into a mini-them, I would be all for it.

Pedon was making $500K as assistant at OSU and left for base of $550K at Illinois State. Jack’s base was $368K but not sure about his total compensation package although doubt he achieved any of the performance bonuses.

I figure to get a proven Coach we’ll need to be in the $500K plus range…

1 Like

Gonzaga has been the best program in the country during his time there. Gonzaga is not what they were in 1999.

1 Like

Travis Steele is in play, according to Jeff Borzello at ESPN

Travis Steele is a name to watch for the Miami RedHawks job, per ESPN (cincinnati.com)

2 Likes

Seems like this is just an article written to get clicks based on the tweet linked towards the top of this thread. I’d be ok with the hire.

Hanlen has build a pretty massive reputation in the NBA for his attention to the mental game. I think that’s key in the MAC.

1 Like

So Jim Christian then???

/ducks

Bring back Joby Wright.

1 Like

Very little to go on here, but for some reason I kinda like the Steele play if it works out…would send a statement of Miami getting serious.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Jermaine get the job. Steele might also be a great choice.

4 Likes

Dane Fife’s suddenly available

Check Dane’s record at IPFW

What is the appeal of Steele other than his wife’s family wealth? He took Xavier, one of the most consistent jobs in the country for 20 years where every coach was successful and went on to bigger jobs and ran it completely into the ground. They had made the ncaas for like 14 of 15 years and he then went 0 for 4 and just posted a losing conference season three years in a row.

What’s the appeal here?

9 Likes

Dane “my name is annually mentioned for every job opening in the Midwest” Fife.

1 Like

I think that Twitter account was being facetious when they listed Drew Hanlen. He had tweeted his interest in the Mizzou job a week ago and got eviscerated by a few journalists.

Would absolutely love to see Jermaine come home.

He knows how to recruit and how to win at Miami.

3 Likes