2022 Coaching Search

Renmanez: I gotta admit I fell for the Steele angle based on the circumstances (delay in Owens dismissal until after Steele became available, his family could stay in Cincy, his strong recruiting background in the Area, and the the obvious that this would be a different hire model for Miami after two failures), it sure looked like a sure thing.

Although it still may be Steele, I am now wondering about that…

You’re not alone. My odds that it’s Steele are probably about 35%.

Did he answer…was it collect?

It’s 230pm Wednesday.

What did I miss at the press conference?

I’m in Oxford right now and have it from a very reliable source that no selection has been made yet and the search is ongoing.

We may be competing with OU soon?

1 Like

If this report accurate, then it’s likely that it either wasn’t Steele in the first place or he said “no thanks”.

He probably asked what the facility plan was and DS responded, “More red seats and a mountain scape themed black curtain.”

2 Likes

If we are stuck with a curtain it should be red bricks (or the facade of Mac N Joe’s).

2 Likes

If we are stuck with the curtain it should have a giant QR code on it. When you open it on your phone, it pushes to a gif of a hand holding a hat with a message that says “your financial support of any amount can get us out of this dump.”

4 Likes

He needs to hire Henderson

1 Like

Hire both Hendersons and fire womens

1 Like

To what office do I send Uber Eats? I don’t want mollautt starving under the table that he’s hiding under

:pleading_face:

Moll: while perusing the internet found an old newspaper article on Sayler from 2017 in which he outlined his thoughts on Millett renovations (when and if money was found to support it). Was fairly modest with new practice court being build on east side of Millett, moving the court down into the closed end, finishing off the open end (brick walls??), and bringing the seats down to the floor where the old indoor track resides, etc. Suspect the seating capacity would be something like 7,000. (nothing specific about soft drink carbonation improvements, tho).

As noted in previous engineering discussions, any lowering of the floor and immediate seating area would impact the lower level practice floor, hence the need for a new one above ground.

I have not been to Millett in awhile, but I presume the concourses are still very nice so this kind of renovation seems pretty logical to me…not really sure how much of a “game changer” it will be to recruits. Should make for a better gameday atmosphere for sure.

Hedging bets

1 Like

“Some names to keep an eye on in the search at Miami (OH) are former Xavier head coach Travis Steele, former Indiana assistant Dane Fife, and former K-State assistant Jermaine Henderson. Steele, who was released a few weeks ago, had been at Xavier since 2009 as an assistant before being elevated to head coach back in 2018. Fife, who spent last season on the staff of his alma mater Indiana, had been the head coach at IPFW (2005-11), and spent ten seasons after that on Tom Izzo’s staff at Michigan State. Henderson had been at K-State for the past five seasons. He is a Miami (OH) grad who spent 15-seasons on the staff there following his graduation.”

Someone is angling for the vmi job? That’s universally regarded as one of the toughest jobs in basketball. Amazing

1 Like

I was interested in Fife earlier in the process, but I’m less convinced now based on what’s come out since he got forced out at Indiana. I realize that you can’t always trust what you hear about someone after a breakup, but if some of the rumors floating around about Fife are even partially true, I’d be very wary of hiring him. When someone is constantly in the discussion for jobs, but never seems to get them, there’s often a reason for that.

1 Like