2022-23 Miami MBB Roster

It’s not knock on him…just where he’s going to need to learn his moves.

Swing and a miss, Jive…over yo head.

True…Dick…Potentially rFr.

Wonder if Lairy moves on though…what can be said is Kamari started to show up some…if some way…somehow he could add 10 pounds.

Otherwise, who knows what’s in store for this program…or what can be attracted in transfer with a coach that in theory should be on very shaky ground.

1 Like

You really need a hobby.

2 Likes

Not mean at all. That would make a lot of sense for a kid who wants to play but realizes his physical limitations as far as D1. He seems like a great kid, I hope he finds a lot of playing time somewhere if he does transfer.

2 Likes

I dont know his financial situation but transferring from a full ride scholarship to D3 would be an odd choice

I am retired. You need several hobbies. This is one of them.

4 Likes

Updated based on DICK’s calculation as to Jackson Ames. Doesn’t this also apply to Bryson Tatum? Was a freshman that played in 2020-21 (Covid year) and redshirted this season:

SR (2): (G) Myja White, (G) Dae Dae Grant

JR (3) : (F) 6-8 Javin Etzler, (F) 6-7 Luka Eller, (F) 6-7 Kamari Williams

SO (2): (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison, (G) Marr Avance

FR (4): (C) 6-11 Jackson Ames (Redshirt/Covid), (G) Bryson Tatum (Redshirt/Covid), (F) 6-8 Mitchell Rylee, (G) 6-7 Billy Smith

1 Like

Sometimes it does, but you never know. When Megan Duffy came to Miami, we had the entire roster returning and not one person left, and it all turned out great.

SR (1) : (G) 5-8 Mekhi Lairy

JR (3) : (F) 6-8 Javin Etzler, (F) 6-7 Luka Eller, (F) 6-7 Kamari Williams

SO (2) : (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison, (G) Marr Avance

FR (4) : (C) 6-11 Jackson Ames (Redshirt/Covid), (G) Bryson Tatum (Redshirt/Covid), (F) 6-8 Mitchell Rylee, (G) 6-7 Billy Smith

So we think Lairy may return?

And we have at least 3 scholarships to give?

Good for the new Coach to have some scholarships to use so he can bring in some guys he wants…be great if Lairy stays to give us some stability at guard.

3 Likes

Just utilizing the Miami Redhawk roster on the official website

His name is still listed

1 Like

Nick,

The latest:

9 to 10 scholarship (not sure Eller’s deal), 2 to 3 walkons.

I’d like to see Javin, add 5 to 10 more pounds and just become a power forward that can step out, this way he guards the 4 spot.

Expect Steele to try and grab a wing, one to two guards and if there’s a big man make room (i.e., if only 9 scholarships are honored this year or if we lose DD).

Forgot we have a wing and bigman coming in…so another guard or two.

1 Like

Eller is on scholarship. He only was a walkon his first season because someone returned after their free covid year that was unexpected. He decided to walk on rather than take a prep year.

1 Like

RE Luka Eller.

Check out this list. Scroll down to Miami

Stadium Transfer Portal

1 Like

Very interesting/helpful site - is there a similar site for football?

Nick, thanks for posting that link. This is better than the Verbal Commits database I was watching.

A lot of interesting info on there.

LaSalle has 11 players in the portal. That was highest number I saw.

Wichita State, Kansas State, UTEP with 10. I guess that is a reason that UTEP is interested in Dae Dae.

SEC schools with 9 in the portal—Georgia, LSU, Miss St. and Missouri. Coaching changes send a lot of guys to the portal.

Iowa State built its turnaround this year on incoming guys on the portal. They now have 7 who want to leave.

We are living in a weird, weird CBB world.

I have to think entering the portal could end up being like a game of musical chairs. When the music stops there may not be a spot for a lot of guys.

2 Likes

New reports out this week verify that it’s about 40% without a seat.

2 Likes

Read where recruits from high school are being advised to not wait long to commit because their spot may be taken by a transfer. What’s amazing is how many transfers are expecting to be with their third different team. The Weathers effect I guess.

Deadline to enter the portal is Sunday.

2 Likes

The Weathers are time travelers a from another dimension. Not apples to apples.

3 Likes