2022-23 Miami MBB Roster

RSR Dalonte Brown, and Redshirt Fifth year Precious Ayah are gone. RSR James Beck and RSR ICL could also be gone and I’m assuming they are as Miami signed 2 players to LOI’s in November thereby pushing the scholarship limit to a maximum of 13. Here’s how things could shape up:

SR (4): (F) 6-9 Eli McNamara, (G) Mekhi Lairy, (G) Myja White, (G) Dae Dae Grant
JR (4) : (F) 6-8 Javin Etzler, (C) 6-11 Jackson Ames, (F) 6-7 Luka Eller, (F) 6-7 Kamari Williams
SO (2): (G) Bryson Tatum, (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison
FR (3) : (G) Marr Avance, (F) 6-8 Mitchell Rylee, (G) 6-7 Billy Smith

1 Like

Who becomes disillusioned and jumps in the portal? Williams?

Or worse…Grant and Lairy.

1 Like

Dae Dae.

1 Like

Someday Eli is gonna tear it up in the local Y league.

I’ve asked this before, but when does Etzler return, or has he already?

1 Like

Eh…he’s barely done much here …

There’s Ron Harper connection…I doubt he (Kamari) leaves. Speaking of Ron…he has to be like wtf Miami, are you ever not going to suck…this was never like this for long periods of time.

The bigger issue is will Mekhi and Dae Dae return to this clown show?

If they don’t…season will be a disaster…even so, our future guard play looks weak. Is Tatum the future with Avance? Avance may have some game, Tatum was essentially a walkon to a weak D1 program in Miami…Miami his only offer.

We have no ball handlers coming in as recruits.

1 Like

If you’re jacking threes from deep in the trees (get it? :wink:), who needs ball handlers?

1 Like

Shouldn’t Jacking be capitalized?

Good point…

1 Like

Recent article suggests Miami will honor 6 seniors. If so, here’s next years roster

SR (2): (G) Myja White, (G) Dae Dae Grant

JR (4) : (F) 6-8 Javin Etzler, (C) 6-11 Jackson Ames, (F) 6-7 Luka Eller, (F) 6-7 Kamari Williams

SO (3): (G) Bryson Tatum, (F) 6-7 Curtis Harrison, (G) Marr Avance

FR (2): (F) 6-8 Mitchell Rylee, (G) 6-7 Billy Smith

Next year could be an historically bad year for Miami basketball.

I’m kind of expecting a coaching change at this point, which means a massive roster overhaul.

Wesa gonna die

1 Like

Ames redhirt Soph…he’s currently getting his big man moves down @ Clermont YMCA…going to dominate.

1 Like

Trash talking a 20 year old coming off surgery who decided to play for your alma mater isn’t a good look.

4 Likes

Actually, last year did not count and this year Ames redshirted, so next year he is a RS Freshman.

1 Like

Well, we know that Precious and Dalonte have no more eligibility and I heard that Eli is graduating, getting married, and getting a job, maybe sports related. I heard White might transfer? Tom W posted that Lairy would be back for his final year of eligibility. Beck still has a year of eligibility. I heard ICL is physically beat up and done? Last year we did not find out about Precious returning until May. There are younger players who have been here 2 years without getting a chance to play. So I really don’t think some of these decisions are made yet. A player has to want to come back, and the coach has to want him back. Then there is also the possibility of a contract buyout which has been oft discussed here. To me this is the most unsettled roster for next year that we have ever had. Kind of a sign of the times in college basketball. I was watching Rutgers women’s team play yesterday because they have a transfer from Ball State ( Oshlynn Brown) who was first team all MAC last year and graduated and transferred for her Super Senior year. Anyway, they said Rutgers had 5 transfers come in this year who had over 1,000 points in their career.

1 Like

Not trying to sound mean, but if White transfers, is he going D2/D3?

Clermont Y league.

1 Like