2022-23 MBB Coaching Carousel

Valpo’s coach out.

George Mason’s Kim English headed to Providence after two years at GMU. I guess “Up and coming” beats “proven winner”.

The question now comes up is will anyone come after Florida Atlantic’s coach for a new HC position at a bigger conference? FAU plays a great style of basketball.

FAU is moving to the AAC next year which could mean that they could join Houston as elite 8 teams if the Cougars win

The Big 10 has had zero elite 8 teams in the last two years

Yet the Big 10 gets too many invites every season

2 Likes

This is a hire in Women’s basketball at another school

Cincinnati hires former Wright State coach

Guees we still stuck with our women’s coach

:pensive:

VCU’s Mike Rhoades headed for Penn State.

I have heard some talk that Larranaga may retire after Final Four ( he will be 74 this year) and that Dusty May would be logical choice to replace him at the U.

That would be a great move for all. Jimmy Lasagna goes out on top (or near the top) and they get the hot coach.

Amir Abdur-Rahim from Kennesaw State to USF. Brian Gregory had been let go after six seasons.

2 Likes

Solid hire…a real up and comer!

1 Like

We attended George Mason games for 29 years, and have speculated for the last several about when Larranaga would hang it up. Gotta believe that making it to the Final Four again, whatever happens there, would be the apex of his career and a fitting way to bow out.

2 Likes

Mark Madsen leaves Utah Valley for Cal-Berkeley. To be honest, until the Utah Valley - Cincinnati NIT game, I had no idea Mark Madsen was coaching in college basketball

George Mason Assistant and former Maryland star Duane Simpkins named as the new Head Coach at
American University.

Charlie Henry (Alabama Assistant) to Georgia Southern:

Theses deals are probably coming out of last week’s coaches convention at the final four.

2 Likes

Senderoff extended through 28 - 29 season. Must really like Portage County.

1 Like