Wright State at Miami - Thursday night

I call that place the “Scottish Fusion Restaurant”

1 Like

Anderson doesn’t seem to be moving well tonight. Also WSU double team really bothering him.

2 Likes

Nine 1st half TOs is not ideal.

4 Likes

The half court defense was actually pretty decent. When Wright St went on the run in the middle, basically all of their points were coming on the break. If we can clean up the turnovers and take fewer bad shots from deep (creating long rebounds), I think we’ve got a good shot at this one.

2 Likes

Miami needs to find some answer on D for Calvin who came off the bench and has 14.

1 Like

Down 5 at the half. Game seemed to change when Calvin entered, he has 14 points. Rebounds are even, but we have 3 more turnovers and they turned several into layups.

1 Like

Many of those turnovers were unforced.

Yep 9 turnovers in a half way to many. Which also contributed to their 24 points in the paint.

1 Like

Not the greatest shot selection by Mabry

47 to 39 WSU.

1 Like

If there’s a statistic for defensive block:charge ratio, we’re probably near the bottom of the country.

It seems like whenever we score, we’re not getting back on D, which is setting up easy scoring opportunities for them.

Defense just isn’t good enough. Wright St. is able to run their offense without being disrupted. They’re going where they want to go. They’re now shooting over 50% for the game with 15 assists on 24 made field goals.

Down by 11 with 11 minutes to go. Game could still go either way.

1 Like

Men! You can do this. Hit some shots!

Everything I said about the half court defense being good in the first half has gone away in the second half. Open threes all over the place.

Nagy and his staff can sometimes do well with adjustments

The lack of defensive effort by Miami in this case is pathetic.

I don’t think we’ve had a defensive stop this half.

Another 50 burger incoming from our D?