Women's basketball roster for next year

Based on last year, it could be this Fall before MURedHawks updates our roster, So this is nothing official, but what I know or have heard. We have 13 signed players for next year, which I think is plenty ( 15 is the max for college women, 2 more than the men). 13 gives you enough players for practice and scrimmages even if you have injuries. Unlike other sports which play large numbers of players, you only have 5 on the court at any one time and there is only one ball. By seasons end most teams are using 6,7,8, or 9 players. 7 or 8 is most normal. Going by what position they have been listed at, we have 3 post players and 10 guards. That would suggest that we might play very up tempo, possibly with presses and traps. Last year we were basically a half court team which ran a lot of plays by the end of the season. We did like to trap and pressure in the half court at times.

We have 6 returning players, I think the 6 best players we had, 2 high school girls who signed last November, and 3 transfer portal girls and one hs Sr who signed this spring, and one freshman from Israel who signed this spring. This year we will have one girl from Ohio and three from Indiana. That is it for anybody living close to Oxford. We have one girl from Spain, one from the Netherlands, one from Israel, and two from Canada. Also two from Florida, one from Illinois, one from Iowa.

4 Seniors … Barring an injury I don’t think any of them have more eligibility.

5th year 5-7 Guard Hennessey Luu-Brown… from Toronto and transferred a year ago from New Orleans.

5-9 Guard Cori Lard… transfer from an Iowa JR College last season

5th year 5-7 guard Maya Chandler… from Indiana… played previously at Loyola Chicago and SMU.

6-1 Post Katey Richason from Indiana

2 Juniors

5-11 guard Camille Jackson from Chicago… played 2 years at Illinois

5-9 Guzrd Enjulina Gonzales from Miami, Fl played 2 years at Mercer, but was injured one of them so has 3 years left.

3 Sophomores

6-1 Post Amber Tretter from Indiana

6-0 Guard Lakresha Edwards from British Columbia, Canada

5-10 guard Nuria Jurjo from Barcelona, Spain

4 Freshmen

6-2 Post Ilse de Vries from The Netherlands

5-7 Guard Emily Bratton from Bloom Carroll HS Ohio

5-6 Guard Tamar Singer from Israel… I think I read somewhere that she is 20, so I am not sure she will be classified as a freshman

5-7 Guard Ziol Gonzalez from Miami Fl and the younger sister of Enjulina.