Women’s basketball schedule

2 Likes

Not fooling around. A quite ambitious schedule considering we’re kind of starting over. Good for Coach Box! They’ll learn the game with this slate!

1 Like

Three Michigan schools…and Vermont (like the Men).

Simply a great schedule…bring 'em on. That’s the best way to get better and to assist in recruiting…

2 Likes

Box had nothing to do with this schedule and it was clear he is exactly thrilled with it. It was discussed at the second zoom on 8/21.

I was on that Zoom call and I didn’t get that impression.

Watch it again when he gets to the part where he is discussing the schedule.

1 Like

Confused by your comment. How did the new head coach have nothing to do with the schedule? And was he happy with it or unhappy with it?

Schedule was set before he was hired.

1 Like

Well my donation to women’s basketball today put them over their goal for MoveInMiami today! Also donated to football and men’s basketball.

2 Likes

Donated to the Marching Band. Advised them to “solve the Ohio problem” in order to travel to Athens for the Battle of the Bricks.

Actually, this roster is very overscheduled. Playing top competition is very good when you can compete. Playing top competition when you are not ready to do so gets you beaten down and kills confidence and spirit and sets you up for problems. Of all seasons, this is the worst possible time to have a schedule with only 3 home games before conference play and they are against Dayton, Xavier, and Western Kentucky ( who is the strongest of the 3). Playing against Dayton at home would normally be great, but seeing Ivy Wolf playing against us is not something anybody is going to enjoy, including her…Normally the head coach has made the nonleague schedule, this was a schedule made by the previous coach for a team with all 5 starters returning which would have included 3 5th year Seniors and two juniors in their third year of starting. It seems like David Saylor should have been able to do something about this situation. When has a Miami teams been given a schedule with only 3 home games in November and December? Never before I would say. There is not a single game where I can look at it and say with confidence that we will win that one. There are a few road games against non league teams that we can normally win, but they are road games. I hate this schedule for this team.

As the coach, Glen Box has no option but to embrace it and push ahead optimistically, but this schedule is not one a team in our situation should be playing. Just another result of a totally mishandled situation.

3 Likes

Bowling Green, who made it to the WNIT semifinals last year but lost their coach and a couple of their best players is playing three national powers. In fact these three teams finished #1, #2, and #3 in the final regular season poll. South Carolina will visit BG, while the Falcons will travel to both Iowa and Indiana.

1 Like

Why is BG slacking? No UCONN!!