Women at Toledo tonight

7:00 on ESPN+. Last year the Rockets won the MAC with a 19-1 league record, tied for the best ever. They have all 5 starters returning. They challenged themselves schedule wise, Losing at home to ranked Duke, winning at ranked Michigan, winning at UC in OT, and L
losing to Penn State by 1 on a neutral site. They gave Ball State their only league loss, but have lost on the road at NIU and BG.

Toledo is 13-4 ( 4-2) while Miami is 7-12 ( 2-4). Toledo leads the series 40 to 31 and won the last two meetings. They have two first team all MAC guards from last season. Point guard Sophia Wiard leads the MAC in Assist to Turnover margin and is second in the MAC in assists with 4.6 apg. Wing Quinesha Lockett is 5th in the MAC in scoring at 17.1 ppg. They are deep and bring quality players off their bench, play great defense, and are fundamentally sound. Tonight is Wine night.

whine? We do that every night. Not going. Don’t like the weather. See, I’m whining!

We scored in our first two possessions, but not since. 6-4 Toledo at the first media TO.

17 to 10 Toledo after 1, Wiard hit a 3 at the buzzer. Miami is 1 for our last 14. Wolf got our last 6 points

26-15 Toledo halfway through the second quarter.

Cluse with the matador defense. Looks totally disinterested.

A 10 point 1st quarter followed by a 7 point 2nd quarter.

We are down 20, I am whining, I am going to drink some wine. I am uninterested.

42 to 17 Toledo at the half. Everytime we throw a bounce pass to one of our 3 post players, it seems to end up in a turnovers. Freeman seldom catches them. This whole performance has been really difficult to watch.Miami is 5 of 27 for 18%. Wolf has 10 points, Scott has 4 points and 6 rebounds. Everybody else has been terrible, and that includes Cluse. 8 different girls have scored for Toledo, led by Lockett with 11.

One assist in the first half.

A quick 9-2 run for Toledo and a Miamii TO, down 32.

You say she seldom catches them, so what you’re telling me is that there is a chance!

She did catch one in the third quarter and laid it in. Early in the third quarter we were down 57 to 19 in a humiliating performance. We came back a little and trail 70- to 38 at the end of three.

Something needs to change in the offseason.

Cleve’s record: 8-22, 7-23, 9-21, 11-21 Total: 35-87
DeUnna’s record: 11-20, 4-20, 8-21, 7-13 Total so far: 30-74

Not much difference. Time to go.

And just for giggles - Megan: 44-15

78-46 halfway through the third. Wolf has 22.

or sooner

82 - 63, so we cut it from 38 to 19. How did we do it? Mostly in the 4th quarter when UT had all their starters out Wolf just started taking over and had 29 when she left with 3 minutes to go, but Scott replaced her and she scored a bunch in the last 3 minutes and ended up with 13. This has been the way our coach has worked in her 4 years, Her teams have quite often been blown out, but by keeping her best players in they often have cut a 30 point lead to under 20.

Really, most of the night this was an embarassing performance.

1 Like

Boy…Is she missed.

2 Likes

Much of her tenure as HC has been an embarrassing performance.