Why Western?

Not a lot of defense so far as we trail 3-2 after one. We already have nearly as many SOG as we did the whole game vs LIU last Friday (while still getting outshot, of course). :smirk:

1 Like

Lots of back and forth scoring in this one. 3-5 in the 2nd.

1 Like

I didn’t watch last weekend’s games and so I didn’t realized that Persson was apparently injured last Friday. I thought Neaton had played Saturday just to switch it up. Hope Persson isn’t seriously hurt.

1 Like

I logged on a few minutes late this afternoon (I keep forgetting about the early start for Saturday home games) to find us already up by a goal. That’s new. :laughing:

Persson is back in goal tonight, so the injury must not have been too bad.

2-1 after one with a power play goal on each side.

5-3 Western final. After a great first period, we looked pretty awful the rest of the game, especially the power play in the third where we couldn’t even get a shot off and the terrible turnover at the blue line with the extra attacker on that gave Western an easy empty netter.

1 Like

Another loss…

It was my first game of the year. We got off to a quick 2-0 start, but got dominated the rest of the game, with shots about 2-1 all night. That good start kept us in the game till the very end, but no doubt watching the game who is #5 and who is at the bottom of the league. We play hard, but simply are not nearly as talented as Western. We had to dump and chase all night because we were not good enough to bring the puck up ice and set up an offense.

So sad to see what has happened to a once proud and great hockey program . Hope it can be turned around but now is like Vandy in SEC football.