Well played, duck. Well played

https://x.com/thatlawyerlisa/status/1842434063891927548?s=46&t=Ry6smEDGYjFubmgi-1Cn6g

Swoop should do that.

1 Like

That duck was smooth. He could actually dance. Jury is out on our bird.

1 Like

Huskies eat Ducks!

I think you mentioned once being a Mascot at one time. Sometime on a dead day it would be great for you, in your typical style, to give us some stories from your Mascot days.

1 Like

I did it for the money. Wearing that stink trap costume in Georgia was considered hazardous work (namely because it was like 120 degrees inside that thing) on a hot Georgia day.i got $200 for two shifts. You put it on for like 15-20 minutes then were off 40-45 minutes. Two hours of work. Minimum wage was like 5 bucks and change then? Easy math for me. Question: does Swoop (whoever the person is inside the mascot) get compensated from the school? They really should if they don’t.

I know the live mascots don’t get paid - like Uga, Dubs, Bevo, Smokey, Revelie, Ramses and Billy. They just get spoiled!

Also not fair those animals you mentioned don’t get paid. Years ago, Red Dog (who was a poor competitor to Spuds McKenzie and Alex from Strobes) lived with his owner in my sister’s building on the upper east side in Manhattan. Owner said the dog’s ad money paid the rent. Was a swanky building. I hope our Swoop mascot gets paid. In 2024, everyone else is.

1 Like