We play Rider, champion of the NEC

Maybe you will be happy then, to know that Rider scored with 8:13 to go. lol 7-1 Miami

1 Like

7-1 final. We advance to the round of 16 ( Sweet 16?). We have gotten this far 2 or 3 times before but never any further. Game is at noon on Friday, but that might be Central time. We will play defending national champion Northwestern ( we lost to them in Oxford 3-1 recently. With the football win and the win today, Miami seems to be very comfortable in Evanston.

2 Likes

Extreme change in weather from today’s nice 70 degree weather in Chicago. Friday game time weather in Evanston is predicted to be 47 with a 20 mph wind.

1 Like

Here’s something to consider: other than men’s basketball which has been to the sweet 16 and men’s hockey which was runner up, this is as close as any team has ever come to winning a national championship at Miami. Yes, Synchro has won them but the lack of teams fielding that sport makes it hard to compare with other ones. Field Hockey prolly has at least 100 teams that compete at the D1 level (fact checking if I’m way off here) so it’s no cakewalk. Great job to the team and coaches.

I just got home from the basketballl game and expected the Field hockey game to be over, but it was tied 1-1 and in the first OT. We are now heading into the second OT. Sudden death. If no one scores this time we go to a shoot out.

1 Like

WE are through DOT still tied at one, a shootout coming up. NW got a yellow card with 5 minutes to go ( 5 minute penalty, but we picked up one with 3 minutes to go, so it was 6 0n 6. NW got a corner as time ran out and then got 4 corners after time had expired, and finally shot high.

1 Like

I know we lost a shootout to Longwood earlier in the year, for our only MAC loss.

We were down 2-0 but tied it at 3-3. NW protested with a referal which was upheld and we lost the shootout 3-2 after everybody though we had tied it up. Crap!

1 Like

I tuned in to watch the shootout. No clue on field hockey rules but the announcer certainly didn’t think the goal should have been overturned. Brutal way to lose.

Damn!