Watching some WCC basketball

The fighting Sendeks are playing St. Mary’s. I have no vested interest in either team but it’s on so I’m watching and it’s really easy to admire the quality of the basketball. Neither is ranked but Herb has beaten some P5’s (he does every year). The teams move fast, are long, and are very methodical about shots.

I always love watching the games at BYU. Their home court advantage is absolutely insane. Possibly the best in the country. With them leaving the WCC for the Big 12 next season, I think it’ll get even crazier.

1 Like

My kid lives in downtown SF and tried to get tickets for the recent Gonzaga at USF game that the Dons won. He said it was a sellout and tix were going for more than $125 online the week b fore the game.

1 Like

That’s likely correct at many WCC places. St. Mary’s was packed. The MAC would be smart to study the WCC. There are some interesting dynamics at work that might be duplicatable. Also, it’s not like these teams are the only game in town. So many other things people could go watch or do. Yet they spend their money on watching. That said, basketball is the only sport these programs have (no football/hockey) so perhaps that singularity in focus is helping? The fighting Sendeks lost by 15 but it was a pretty tight game. St. Mary’s is like 20-4.

1 Like

Bad calls.

1 Like

Perhaps, to put it mildly

1 Like