Too early?

Rob Summers to WVU?:yum:

2 Likes

You canā€™t make this stuff up.

1 Like

If true, it further validates the points made here and elsewhere that, in a low pay scale environment, the good people are always working with one eye on the exit and will be ripe for the plucking.
Miami needs to offer salaries to assistants that ā€œencouragesā€ them to say no, or make it a hell of a lot harder to say yes when someone dangles an enticing cash bid to leave. Granted, cash isnā€™t the only enticement but it is one that should be addressed. If the Summers comment above is true, what happens to Miamiā€™s development program of our ā€œbigs?ā€

Much as I like Rob, I hardly think he will be a candidate at this stage of his career. If Huggins goes, they will want a marquee name.

1 Like

Itā€™s not true, itā€™s a joke because Summers played for WVUā€¦

Bow Tie Boy hitting Chuggy Bear with a $1 million fine.

1 Like

Gordon Gee gets my nod for the worst college president ever!

Seems like things are coming full circle. From Geeā€™s Wikipedia page:

ā€œGee stepped down from the Ohio State presidency on July 1, 2013, in response to a series of controversies relating to comments he made, the last of which involved anti-Catholic comments allegedly made in jest about the University of Notre Dame.ā€

1 Like

Three games off. That will teach him!

1 Like

Yep. Have no idea how he survives. What Huggins said on 50k watt WLW would have gotten him fired at most universities. This wasnā€™t just something that someone overheard him saying to a golfing buddy.

Pretty sure that Bob Huggins could straight up murder someone and the reaction in Cincinnati would be ā€œThatā€™s just Bob being Bob! Leave him alone!ā€.

(This also applies to Pete Rose.)

5 Likes

No one under the age of 70 that doesnā€™t live on the west side of Cincinnati cares about Pete Rose. That guys star faded a long time ago.

I think the same can be said about Huggins. His friends and alumni over 50 still love him but outside of that itā€™s been 18 years and no one else cares. If you drew a Venn diagram of Pete and Huggins supporters with WLW listeners it would probably be a perfect circle.

1 Like

ā€œ Almost heavenā€¦ā€