Toledo

What’s really incredible is that we’re still 67th in offensive efficiency and we’re shooting over 35% on threes while shooting close to 30 per game despite having no real system. Imagine how good Grant, Lairy, and Brown could be if we had a gameplan that could get them open looks rather than just having them chuck up deep, contested, fadeaway threes.

1 Like

Many stretches of minutes it looks like an AAU game ; little defense and dribble with no purpose to then shoot a three.

2 Likes

Do you all remember when we thought Nike’s shot selection was the problem. Little did we know we had a whole team of Nike’s with less talent.

2 Likes

I remember thinking in year one when we got to the finals of that crappy tournament “maybe this is the start of something good. The all guard small ball line up is different but maybe with the times.” But just like the premier of a new Tyler Perry or Rob Schneider movie, it’s the same old plot. When they hire me as head coach I’m going to stop recruiting high school players for the foreseeable future until our results stabilize and instead only go JUCO and transfers. I can accept fluctuation in talent every two years for the chance at catching lightening in a bottle.

3 Likes

All of basketball looks like this now.

To an extent…no coincidence though, IMO, the game we won against a good MAC foes (UB)…we shot an efficient, higher quality of treys ~20…and contributed in the paint and otherwise offensively.

Miami won…in contrast when our trey attempts are north of 30, it’s likely that many were not good shots and more “AAU.”