Toledo women extend their unbeaten streak

In an elementary school game today, Toledo came back to win at UC 74-71 in OT this morning. Toledo hasn’t lost a regular season game since last December 21.

I watched the second half of this game and it was played at a very high level. UT went 19-1 in the MAC last year, but got upset by Ball State in the semifinals. Toledo had their entire top 10 coming back and added a couple of pieces, so they are very experienced, very well coached. UC is much more talented than the team we played a couple of times 4 or 5 years ago. They just made a few mistakes at the end of both regulation and Overtime. Toledo was down 7 with 2 minutes to go in regulation and down 4 in OT but won. I think Toledo in hosting Duke on Sunday and might have a sellout.

2 Likes

My wife and I have ticket for the UT/Duke game. Most reserved seats were sold. We bought general admission.

2 Likes

Toledo men are really good, too. I went to their game last night and they are legit.

Toledo was out of their class against Duke today. They did have a crowd of over 5,000 ( at Toledo). Toledo is very solid and well coached, but so is Duke, and they are longer and faster.

The Toledo fans were loud and stuck it out to the end. Duke too long. Changed the launch angle of a large number of Toledo shots. Could have been worse, but Duke lost focus after getting up 20 or so and turned it over a bunch.