Toledo men at Miami 7:00 Tuesday on ESPN+

This may be the first you have heard about this, but it is a Redout! Also Greek Night, so the AD is making an attempt to get more students to the game. Also, earlier somebody posted something about discount tickets, but I could not find that information. Please add it if you have it. Toledo has won the MAC regular season title 3 years in a row but is one game behind first place Akron heading into the final week. In addition to ending an embarassing 21 game losing streak to the Rockets, we can pretty well end their hopes of another MAC regular season championship. I can also point out that despite winning 20 games for 7 of the last ten years, Toledo’s last NCAA bid was 1980. That is a lot of good teams with out winning a MAC tournament.

The Rockets are18-11 (12-4). They are 7-5 on the road. They have lost two of their last 3 games and seem to be stumbling to the finish. The 21 game win streak has given Toledo a 70 to 68 lead in the all time series.

Miami is 15-14 (9-7) and have our first 3 game winning streak this season. We seem to be peaking at the right time, while UT has been struggling of late. We are 9-4 at home and lost by 4 at Toledo early in the MAC season and were playing without Ipsaro and Dean at that time.

Here is their starting lineup, and note that it is 3 Juniors and 2 Freshmen so they should be really good next year:

6-4 JR Raheem Moss 15.9ppg, 5.6rpg. 3.4apg 1.7spg

6-2 JR Dante Maddux JR 15.5ppg, 4.0 rpg 66 threes

6-2 JR Tyler Cochrane 14.4ppg 6.6rpg 2.2apg

6-1 FR Sonny Wilson 8.1ppg

6-7 RSFR Javan Simmons 12.7ppg 4.8rpg 0.9bpg He is the likely MAC FOY.

Miami is 1st in the MAC in bench points and apg. We are 2nd in the MAC in 3 pt% and 2nd in A/TO ratio. Individually 5th SR Anderson Mirambeau averages 12.9ppg 3.5rpg. 5th SR Darwishii Hunter is 7th in the MAC in 3’s and 6th in FT%. SOPH Jacquel Morris is 1st in the MAC in FG% and 7th in bpg.

Our defense has been a big part of our 3 game streak, plus the guard play of Evan Ipsaro and Bradley Dean has been very good. We have already defeated the #1 and #4 MAC seeds in Oxford, this week we plan to add #2 and #3 to the list. That would give us great momentum heading to Cleveland.

8 Likes

Let’s go! Break the streak now!

RE: the first comment about the red out wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the first time most people on here are hearing about it. We started spreading word around campus last week for anyone who would listen. I guess they want the community to join in as well

5 Likes

Dick good analysis as usual- are we still last however in rebounding in the MAC?

If we can win this I 100% think we can win the MAC tournament

1 Like

I think the discounted tickets might be the weekend game but I could be wrong

I got a tweet and an email from men’s basketball with discount codes for both tonight and Friday ($11). Should be able to find it on the website.

1 Like

Just as I have a friend in the diamond business who hooks me up with steep discounts (hint: his name is Tom Shane!) you’ve got a friend in the athletic department.

If I could pull any F/RFr off another MAC team to play for Miami next year it would be Javan Simmons. He reminds me a lot of Miami undersized post players of several years ago.

1 Like

Yes. Per MAC website, Miami team rebounding is last in the MAC at 33.2. Toledo is next to last at 33.4. However, Miami gives up 35.9 rebounds a game while Toledo only gives up 33.7. Miami is dead last in the MAC in rebound margin at -2.6. Toledo is 6th at -0.2. These are conference stats only.

This summer, I’ll have been married for 12 years. Miami has not beaten Toledo during my marriage.

… until tonight!

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to get a divorce… for Miami men’s basketball sake.

2 Likes

Incidentally, OU at Buffalo is on CBSSN at 7:00 tonight.

1 Like

Great moments are born from great opportunities. That’s what we have here tonight. That’s what we’ve earned here tonight. One game. If we played them 22 times they might win 21. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight we run with them. Tonight we stay with them and we shut them down because we can. Tonight, we are an above .500 MAC basketball team.

3 Likes

IMG_3041

2 Likes

Guessing that game was chosen prior to the season, and not in the past few weeks.

I honestly don’t know where you find these links for tickets. I look all over and can’t find a thing. Any chance you can please post the link here or PM it to me? Thanks!

Way to channel your inner Herb!

2 Likes

Thank goodness Buffalo is on tv again

3 Likes