Toledo again, this time up there 7:00 Tuesday ESPN+

Right, I saw all the plays. I disagree. Bad calls.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair. My point was the Reds have been quite relevant (about half of the years) since the last time Miami hoops won anything.

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ll give you that. Hereā€™s hoping we get things on track again before my kids are in college.

1 Like

Cincinnati Cyclones have two! Minor league but you takes what you can gets.

3 Likes

Ha! Fair enough. I do like the enthusiasm though.

2 Likes

Once you realize I only show up here to test out comedy with the goal of trying to make others laugh, it all makes sense. Maybe with the state of MUā€™s big sports, weā€™re all the same in that regard?

There canā€™t be many teams in the entire country that commit more fouls than we do. I get it that MAC refs are generally terrible because if they werenā€™t they would be working better games, but we might as well start each half in the double bonus because weā€™ll be there before the second media timeout anyway.

2 Likes

I did think Jaquel Morris and Kenyon had decent games.

1 Like

I know itā€™s like comparing apples to oranges, but to highlight a big differenceā€¦ā€¦

Purdue - a top 5 team in a physical conference = 346 fouls total this year

Miami - well, we know = 485 fouls

That puts us at #293 out of 352 D1 teams at 18.7 in fouls per game. However, there are 5 MAC teams with higher fouls per game than us. Yikes!

Itā€™s been like that ever since Lowe left.

Andy M was really effective last night, but he quickly fouled himself out of the game, playing only 18 minutes. UT really could not defend him. He might have had a triple double if he could keep himself in there for 30-35 minutes. He ended up with 12 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists in less than half the game. He was 6 out of 8 from the floor. With Safford out for the game and Andy playing only 18 minutes, we did not have enough fire power to matchup with Toledo. Toledo seldom shuts teams down, they just outscore them, and that is what happened last night.

3 Likes

Taken individually, Yeah, it is a little weird. However,Yellow Number5 has a consistent style. He is always overly optimistic and always looking to collect laugh emojis. Just like Sackman is consistently a bit outrageous in his comments or Eddie is always bringing up interesting/ informative things to switch topics and take us somewhere else. Most of us have a particular style or type of post that people might identify with us. It all contributes to Hawktalk being more interesting and fun than most chat sites. So just roll with the take and enjoy it.

4 Likes

Itā€™s true. Laugh emojis are worth more to me than even my dubious hoard of shit coin crypto currency is.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoaā€¦all my takes are well-crafted and factual.

5 Likes

Yes, and those Chinese balloons were solely for weather data!! :rofl:

1 Like

The Sack has never told a joke.

1 Like

@The_Sackman is my favorite Millennial. He is also an acquired taste.

1 Like

I whenever Anderson left the game, I couldnā€™t help but notice we couldnā€™t penetrate anywhere close to the paint consistently. Toledo forced everything out to the perimeter. Lairyā€™s slashes to the basket became our go to offense.

Sure I have. Jason Preston. Thatā€™s it. Thatā€™s the joke.

Purdue is single-handedly making court storming a thing again.