Tigers/Guardians Pennant Race Thread

Kansas City sweeps Baltimore, so 3 of the 4 remaining AL teams are from the AL Central.

I think Johnny Mac deserves some kudos for starting this thread back in early April. Both teams have hugely over achieved from preseason expectations. I think most people were laughing or rolling their eyes at that title, but Johnny nailed it.

Guardians are the #2 seed and Tigers the #6 seed, but I actually think I would favor the
Tigers in this series. Here is why. The Guardians were 25 games over .500 in June. They finished 23 games over, so over the second half of the season the Guards were below .500. Counting the playoff wins the Tigers are 20 games over .500 over the last 8 or 9 weeks. The Tigers sure look like the better team to me. Of course, I will be pulling hard for Cleveland.

I deserve so much credit it should be posted twice!

1 Like

This is why I hate the best of 3 series to determine who goes on after 162 game season. I know you don’t wanna play too many games in November but cut the season down to 154 and all the playoff series should be best of 5 or best of 7. Or reduce the number of playoff teams. I realize that money drives everything and that a lot of these things won’t happen because of that.

1 Like

The 1972 Tigers were the 1st team I followed since we lived in Detroit until April 1973. Still remember their starting line-up, pitchers and most of the rest of the team. .

So I will root for them

1 Like

Deeeeeetroit Tiiiiiiiigers

Cleveland Rocks!

1 Like

Cleveland takes the first game in the series. Shuts out Detroit 7-0.

Oddly all 4 series now take Sunday off before game 2 on Monday. Not because of a travel day, but just to avoid going up against the NFL. Tigers Will be going with Skubal Monday.

Yeah they should’ve started these series on Friday, then played Fri/Sat I if they wanted to avoid NFL.

1 Like

God used to own Sundays. Now the NFL does.

! was wrong about this. Just the AL teams are taking Sunday off, NL teams are playing on FS1.

Great game so far today. Tigers haven’t scored in the 17 innings of the series, however.

Tigers!

2 Likes

This series has been great.

3 Likes

There has been a gametime switch for Game 5 Saturday. Because of predicted rain on Saturday night, they moved the time up to 1:08, Tigers and Guardians.

Nothing to do with OSU-Oregon for TV competition?

Guardians take Game 5 and the series!

Strangest series for me ever. Somehow I was rooting for both teams!

They showed the game on the video board for a few minutes off and on during the EMU game. Early on they announced the score every inning, but after the 5 run Guardian explosion they never gave a score again. Lol