Tigers/Guardians Pennant Race Thread

You did this, Johnny. Fingers crossed they sneak out a win in the early one tomorrow in Pittsburgh.

Royals win 6 in a row, pass Tigers.

The 1972 Tigers were the 1st team I followed. Still remember their starting line up, pitchers and bench.

Billy Martin was the manager and Norm Cash was my favorite player. My uncle was a Detroit fire captain so we visited a lot. Would take a bus to Tiger Stadium and for a quarter you could sit in the center field bleachers. A hot dog, chips and Red pop were also cheap.

4 Likes

Guardos learned a lesson today…don’t mess with the dawgs.

Tigers and Guards both lose 2 games yesterday. What a race! Royals in first.

Not so fast my friend.

1 Like

Tigers lose 1-0. Javy Baez goes 1-4 to raise his average to .149.

At least most Tiger fans were watching the Red Wings thrilling! 5-4 OT win last night.

1 Like

Guardians have 4 of their second line pitchers combine for a 3 hit shutout at Fenway on Patriots Day.

1 Like

Like Kwame Kilpatrick once said, “Detroit, you’re setting me up for a comeback!”

Where is that clown these days

Got convicted again, sentenced to 38 years, but Trump cut 20 years off of his sentence.

Forgot he’s the bastard child of Coleman Young…… lol

Look at how he positioned his finger on the bat in his 1972 Topps card. Knowing Billy as we do, that had to have been deliberate on his part, right?

I was around Billy a few times while I was involved with the Mariners. He was always very cordial to me in the dugout, in the visitors clubhouse and on the field.

He did have a solid rep of being brutal to umpires. He also had a rep of partying with young pitchers all the while riding them hard and putting them away wet. When they broke down he’d beat ‘em like a rented mule and then send ‘em off to the glue factory.

Totally missed the Faygo reference!!

I still think old tigers stadium had the best steamed hot dogs

And rock and rye was my fav……could’ve easily led to my proclivity to old fashioneds!

1 Like

So when is the title of this thread going to be changed to “Royals/Guardians Pennant Race Thread”?

Guess who’s won 6 in a row (don’t look who they won those games against)

Make it 10

And they’re still in 4th place. Nice to see the AL Central actually be a good division.