Ticket Office strikes again

Just decided to go to tomorrow’s 11:00 men’s game. Hopped on the app to buy a ticket. Got this page. Went to the site on my desktop. Same message. Why?

I just checked & it worked fine on my PC.

Just go to the opening page of the Miami Athletic website, then click on the symbol of a ticket on the upper right side, then click on men’s basketball, then click on individual games, then pick the game you want.

Just go tomorrow and get them. I am sure there will be plenty of seats.

1 Like

Cheaper in advance.

2 Likes

The game is Saturday, right? Not tomorrow?

2 Likes

It is Saturday. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

2 Likes

One issue I found is that if I am logged into the Miami ticket site then I CANNOT purchase tickets. I found that I need to LOG OUT, purchase the tickets and then it logs you in. Amazing but true. Can’t make this stuff up

1 Like

Lol it’s still doing that?

I can only imagine some of the cx issues are with the tech stack. Some dudes on this board (paging Dr. Jive et all.) know a lot about this stuff and would be great assets to the university to call upon. Sadly, that will never happen but a guy can dream.

My favorite part: Hit PLACE ORDER and get a message, DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF TICKET TRANSACTIONS…

so I guess someone else was ordering at the same time?

Try the “ Hot Line”… 1-800:F’n stupid!

Just buy the ticket at the gate. I don’t mess with this early purchasing.

Although the ticket I bought for the Toledo football game was marked at $20 and I was charged $23 at the box office behind the scoreboard. I offered cash to avoid Miami having to pay processing fees, was old no. Hell of a markup there.

1 Like

Sorry, new job has kept me from being an active poster (can’t slack off during the work day yet).

I had a chat with someone from the AD at a fundraising event last week. The good news, they’re a new hire who will take over ticketing and they’re aware of the myriad of issues. The bad news is they said it’s going to take a bit of time for changes to be made. If they’re making a change to a new system, then I would imagine they might need for a contract to run out and go through an evaluation with other options.

2 Likes

Agreed! But if they leveraged people like you (and yes, now you have a second job, you’re welcome!) they could speed up the evaluation time and get a better long term solution. When you have experts, use them!