The Redhawks and Kumar go to Blacksburg - Game threads

Score?

1 Like

5-1 bottom of the second.

Make that 7-1.

Definitely squeezing them.

10-1.

Looks like we’re going to get run ruled. Not the start I was expecting. Disappointing.

I retract my question…will that change the score?

1 Like

The best thing right now is to get run ruled early, come back fresh tomorrow, and crush St. Francis.

2 Likes

Going to have to win four straight games now. Losers bracket in a stacked regional is not a fun place to be.

1 Like

15-1 final in 5 innings. Karli Spaid left in the top of the 5th in extreme pain after taking a pitch off her wrist.

Glad they took her out immediately. Ice and X-rays.

That was certainly a kick in the nuts.

Right on, does not look good.

Have to beat St. Francis at least. Would be a shame to make the tournament two straight years and go 0-fer.

1 Like

Morale has to be at rock bottom after today’s game. Briana really struggled - looked like she was throwing chuck and duck BP. Courtney had no control of her pitches and she is very obviously done. The other two kids in the circle don’t have the experience it takes to compete in the NCAA Regionals. And if Karli can’t go tomorrow it’s even more demoralizing.

I wonder if they can dig deep enough to find the confidence to bounce back.

Makes you realize you need more than 2 pitchers to really go far. Even if the wheels fall off, they had a great year.

1 Like

This is false. Most have two absolute solid ones. If we have both Vierstra and Bri healthy different story. We need more than one right now. Softball is just so different than baseball in terms of pitchers and games played a year

3 Likes

With that being said, if coach doesn’t have a solid pitcher coming in next year, the team probably won’t be nearly as good as what we’ve seen the last three years. Pratt and V are seniors and Cummins will be gone as well.

2 Likes

Pratt will return next year according to the Blade article.

2 Likes

Wow. Kentucky with 4 in the top of the 7th to go ahead 5-4 against Virginia Tech, taking the lead on a 3 run homer.