The Miami-Dubuque Connection

Miami got a commitment today from Axel Kumlin, a defenseman with the USHL’s Dubuque Fighting Saints. This makes for four players from this season’s Dubuque team who have committed to Miami: Kumlin, Zane Demsey (D), Michael Feenstra (D), and William Hallèn (F). With former Fighting Saint P.J. Fletcher on the roster, we’ve obviously made serious inroads with Dubuque recently. (Prior Dubuque products, recruited in the Rico era, include Riley Barber and Gordie Green.)

2 Likes

I hope Dubuque was good this year.

1 Like

Looks like with the exception of two guys, the entire roster has D-I commitments. Schools other than Miami include Denver, Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan, Arizona State, WMU, Colorado College, etc etc.

A couple more Sweds also in Kumlin and Hallen.

Just finished second in its conference at 40-22. :smiley:

In the Transfer Portal era having a core of guys who have history and want to stick around for each other could be huge. Assuming they can play of course.

Dubuque’s Head Coach is Greg Brown, who was a long-time Jerry York assistant at BC. He is now the favorite to get that job, so hopefully he doesn’t take any of our committed prospects.

They were playing for the league Cup.I believe.

Barber and Green could Play! Sounds good.