The Indiana job is open

He was also the associate head coach for Indiana. It’s also worth noting, the job skills needed to be a head coach are very different than the skills needed to be a coordinator or position coach. Head coaches are CEOs. If he has the connections to build a staff, that’s more important. He’s also a pretty successful recruiter.

I’m not sure he’s my favorite candidate, but I’d be happy. Think there’s a high ceiling for him.

1 Like

If Chuck does get an offer elsewhere, Deland would be an obvious candidate and I’d be happy with hiring him. I know people tend to want someone who’s at least been a coordinator, but he’s also been an associate head coach and just about any decent P5 coordinator is going to be making north of a million these days. That’s a very difficult pay cut to take, unless you can find someone who’s desperate to be a head coach (like Joe Moorhead at Akron).

If we do end up needing to go get someone, other candidates who’d be plausibly affordable that we should kick the tires on would be Jamarcus Shephard, Kirby Moore, Jason Eck, and Bob Chesney.

1 Like

Unless your source is Seals’ mom, I don’t trust it.

1 Like

It is my fervent hope that he would be, but Chuck Martin is not getting hired by Indiana or any other P5 program this year.

1 Like

I don’t know that there is a “can’t miss HC” at any level, especially the mid major or non Power 5 level. In many ways, you are recruiting and hiring potential.

2 Likes

And a position coach from UGA hired to head up syracuse

1 Like