The Guardians 2022

Walking in the Piqua mall yesterday I saw my first Guardians sweatshirts, T-shirts, and Hoodies. Not a fan of what I saw. However, there was an important article in the DDN today, stating that the Indians extended their lease on Progressive Field to 2036 and they have reached an agreement with the City of Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, and the State of Ohio for funding of $200 million worth of improvements to the stadium ( Indians are paying about a third of the money). I guess they are going to stay for the long haul.

Of course, it looks like Spring training will not start on time and who knows about the season as negotiations are moving at a snail’s pace.

*Guardians extended their lease!

1 Like

It is going to be a challenge to get "Indians " out of my mind and “Guardians in”.

2 Likes

I thought the new mascot should have been the Lamprey Eels! How do you market a Guardian?

1 Like

The Cleveland Guardian Angels! The perfect fit!

1 Like

Hey

1 Like

Passing out condoms with their logo?

That you?

2 Likes

Who’s your daddy?

1 Like

Guardians have 4 of the 9 guys winning AL Golden gloves. CF Miles Straw, LF Steven Kwan, 2B Andres Giminez, and P Shane Beiber. Kwan did it as a rookie.

4 Likes

Nice DS win, Alex. Maybe one of these years the Yankees will figure out how to beat Houston.