The future of Miami vs UC

Agreed, but I guess, as long Fickell stays and/or they make the next, right hire…they’ve at least positioned themselves to keep moving on and up.

No one ever thought MLS soccer would be a thing in Cincy, and it was Cincinnati’d for a bit (wooden spoons, stumbling in transition)…but now they have the best soccer venue and maybe leadership in the US and one of the best venues in the world, a solid club and one of the best sports entertainment options in the area.

There’s a lot of money in Cincy, so I could see UC somehow making it happen. UC secretly has a dream of maybe not replacing (a bit unattainable), but truly challenging the Buckeyes for supremacy in the State…maybe more of a Browns/Bengals State divide…

UC shares SW Ohio with UK, IU, XU, UL and OSU. Last time they played OSU they were ran out of the stadium

If memory serves correct, I believe Toledo is the only team in Ohio to play OSU football within 2 points in the last 50 years. (And of course lost) But Cincy might have once also…

Early 2000s UC played them within a FG or so…and kept it close maybe 5 to 10 years ago…but those results are not story (Michigan has been annihilated by OSU a couple times recently as well…but you don’t think UM is inferior, at least not significantly).

Like Miami, UC has fans that say would rather watch OSU over UC…10, even 5 years ago…that is likely not the case as much anymore.

1 Like

In 2004 Marshall lost at Ohio State 24-21. They were still in the MAC then.

1 Like

I was only talking about Ohio teams but good to see Bishop Sycamore keep it so close

1 Like