The Bell & Ticket Sales

I was in Millett today, taking care of basketball tickets & donation business.

“The Victory Bell” will be on display on the Yager concourse starting around 2:00 pm.

Also, ever since Saturday’s win over UC, ticket sale have increased substantially, so there may be a pretty good turnout this week.

11 Likes

That’s great news! I’m actually in the middle of an email to the athletic department to share some of the concerns mentioned in other threads. One of the things I was frustrated about is nowhere in the articles following the win was there a call to action to donate. “Keep the momentum going with a gift to Miami Athletics! ” Also frustrated that there had to have been an uptick in website visitors and there was no way to buy basketball season tickets while they were there.

That said, credit where credit is due. They did include a link to purchase tickets for this upcoming game and hopefully it builds some momentum so folks keep coming back. That Toledo homecoming game is going to be really important! It seems like folks really do care about non-conference wins.

2 Likes

I was told that the bell would be out at 2:00 pm,
but the email that just came out says 3:00 pm for the bell at Yager,

but it says noon at the Fan Hub

Miami Football Gameday at Yager Stadium!

We are excited for the 2023 Miami Football home opener at Yager Stadium, as the RedHawks take on Delaware State at 3:30 p.m., presented by Knolls of Oxford! Please read below for important reminders to ensure you have the best possible gameday this Saturday as Miami takes on the Hornets, featuring the celebration of our 2023 Hall of Fame Class, welcoming back our Miami Football alumni, opportunities to take pictures with the Victory Bell and much more!

Parking and Tailgating

Parking and tailgating for Saturday’s home game opens at 10:30 a.m. When you arrive to park and tailgate on Saturday, you will be directed towards Gate 2 off of Sycamore Street, while the lot still has space. West Millett will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis; once filled, all traffic will be directed to Bonham Road.

1. Download your Delaware State parking pass to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay app prior to arriving for parking/tailgating.
  2. Have your fully charged phone with your Delaware State parking pass pulled up. As you pull into the gate, denoted on your parking pass, be prepared to have your pass scanned by our parking staff.

Please be respectful of your tailgating and parking neighbors and only use the number of spots you have paid for - whether that be for a vehicle or tailgate set-up.

Please wait until your parking row has filled before moving out into the drive lanes to sit, stand or participate in various games to allow other cars to fill in empty spots to accommodate for all fans attending the game and wanting to tailgate in the parking lot.

Game Tickets

Your tickets have been digitally delivered to the email address associated with your ticket account. Make sure to follow these three steps for Saturday’s game:

1. Please download your game tickets to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay app prior to arriving at Yager Stadium.
  2. Double check that your tickets are for the Delaware State game.
  3. Have your fully charged phone out with your Delaware State tickets pulled up for your tickets to be scanned by our usher staff. We recommend utilizing the Yager West or Yager Northwest Gate, across from the Miami Field Hockey Complex, to enter Yager Stadium based on your ticket location. Click HERE to see a full map of Yager Stadium. Gates open at 2 p.m. for fans to enter the stadium.

For other fans that you know who still may need to purchase tickets for Saturday’s home opener, please direct them to purchase tickets prior to their arrival for the best possible price- https://bit.ly/MiamivsDSU.

New Things in 2023

There are many exciting changes to the Miami Football gameday experience for fans this season including the Swine City Beer Garden in the south end of Yager Stadium, the brand new videoboard, the addition of Sean McVay’s statue to the Cradle of Coaches Plaza and MUCH MORE! Click HERE to read all of the enhancements fans can expect to experience during the 2023 home games!

Gameday Central

As you prepare for a great gameday with Miami Football, make sure to check Gameday Central, complete with all of the information you need to know to have the best experience on Saturday!

Fans will find acceptable items to bring into Yager Stadium, as well as important information about new concessions options for the 2023 season and our stadium shop locations to purchase new Miami gameday gear!

Gameday Central can be accessed HERE.

Saturday’s Gameday Timeline

10:30 a.m. - Parking Lots open and Tailgating begins

11:30 a.m. - Millett Hall Ticket Office open until 1:30 p.m.

12 p.m. - MUAA Fan Hub opens and Victory Bell available for photos

12:45 p.m. - RedZone Report begins

1:10 p.m. - HawkWalk

2 p.m. - Gates open and Swine City Beer Garden opens

3 p.m. - Victory Bell in Cradle of Coaches Plaza

3:30 p.m. - KICKOFF!

With any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Miami Athletics as soon as possible by visiting the Miami Athletic Ticket Office located in the south lobby of Millett Hall Monday through Friday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., emailing RedHawkTix@miamioh.edu or by calling the Ticket Office at (513) 529-4295.

LOVE & HONOR!

Is it cheaper if I get my ticket in advance?

IIRC, tickets are around $5 more at the gate.

1 Like

If you go to buy at the gate, I predict they do not have enough sellers, longlines. Get in advance if possible. Not saying there will be a big crowd, just saying that an be normal. Make it hard to buy a ticket sometimes.

1 Like

I always check Stubhub and/or Vivid Seats when I’m going to a pricey stadium. You pay a small service fee but sometimes I get a good deal. A half hour before game time yesterday I got a 50 yard line ticket six rows up behind the Georgia State bench at the ESPN game at Coastal Carolina for $12 plus an $8 service charge.I put it in Wallet and walked right in.

That’s four games in four states -Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, and South Carolina - in 21 days for me. And that, my HawkTalkers, is a personal record I’ll probably never beat.

Shutting it down for the weekend and converting to TV seats in my house after I finish prepping for the latest tropical storm blowing through my hood the next two days.

Love & Honor, boys and girls!

2 Likes

A quick parking pass question. On my parking pass (in my wallet) it says enter one of two places. OK. It also has a section, row and seat listed. What the heck is that?

My parking pass has the date, the opponent, lot name and space number. Only my game ticket has Section, Row and Seat.

Interesting. My pass has of course the game, date, and a choice of two lots but also has a section (P) and a row and seat number. Just curious.

2:30 and lots of parking spaces open in East (the big one) lot at Millett.

Went into Millet to try and find the Bell but didn’t see it. We are sitting in the beer garden to see if it does come out at 3pm