Taking my 3 year old Saturday

Any tips/suggestions for what to do with a little one at the game?

3 Likes

They’ve got bouncy houses in the corner of the end zone.

1 Like

I took my four year old boy to the 1997 Miami game at Army. He was fine…had a “natural love for sports. I don’t know about a three year old little girl. Maybe let her meet the Cheerleaders, Swoop and some of the Shakerettes. Or Benadryl. There’s always that.

1 Like

There you go @GuardHawk… because you have a daughter, she should go meet the cheerleaders and shakerettes.

Dope!

2 Likes

Hello again, Idiot. The little girl IS wearing a dress, not a football uniform. Dope back at you. Snark!

1 Like

I’m really struggling to find any info on any of the stuff they do at Yager. I remember they used to do a team walk to the stadium starting by Millett where kids could see the players while they walked in with the band. Unsure if they still do that. Apparently if she joins the kid’s club, she gets a free ticket to the game saturday and a free shirt with some other stuff (probably would’ve been something nice to put on social media). I also can’t find anything about the kid’s spot with games and stuff. The website is more than useless and half the links from google are dead.

https://redhawktix.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=KC&linkID=miamioh&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

3 Likes

To be fair, I’ve taken her to Millett before, and she did enjoy meeting Swoop.

Sack- They have bouncy houses? That’s a win.

2 Likes

Thanks for trying, Jive.

Swoop’s Kids Club just sort of disappeared halfway through the season last year. I know this because both of my girls (who somehow like football instead of tea parties and the ballet) were in it and just stopped getting updates/perks.

2 Likes

I tweeted at Dave Meyer, who handles comms for football and a couple other sports at Miami and got a response. @The_Sackman did you reach out to him re: kids club?

https://x.com/DaveMeyerMU/status/1704552952030167063?s=20

3 Likes

There really isn’t anything on the Gameday Central page that addresses the fan experience. There is no schedule of any pre-game events like most teams post. Notre Dame had the best system in place I’ve ever seen. They had ambassadors dressed in green blazers meeting the shuttles from the parking lot as they arrived on campus. They had a sheet of paper available that provided the complete schedule of the day’s pregame, game and post-game activities. The schedule was also available online.

2 Likes

Thanks! (I didn’t know you ran that account.)

I think there are 3 of us that have access to it and help run it. And there should be a decent HawkTalk crowd this weekend! Sounds like you, @Bluesman, @Nickskin, and myself will all be there. I’d say join in my pregame, but I’m not sure my pregame of mac n cheese bites and a beer tower (don’t worry, not by myself) at Skips is exactly what a 3 year old is looking forward to. Granted, maybe the mac n cheese bites :joy:

1 Like

Yes, I will be there with my wife visiting our Miami freshman.

3 Likes

First of all, cute kid, but it’s a football game, not freakin’ Oktoberfest. Nescafé stole my cough syrup idea. There are several nice playgrounds on campus. I’d leave her there and hope the game doesn’t go into OT.

Leave a 3 year old on a campus playground while you go to the game?

Who is Nescafé?

1 Like

Yeah, why not? It’s Oxford, not Clifton. :wink:

Have season tiks and will be at the game. Would love to meet you all. Gotta figure out way
to do meet and greet!

2 Likes

Heads up: Swoop’s Kids Club is still alive … kind of. My daughter has been part of it for 3 years. Unfortunately, the packet with the t-shirt, toys, etc. has never been delivered on time. The main issue I see is that the person running the program, Lindsay Sparks, is also running one zillion other and more important things. The athletics department is seriously understaffed :frowning:

2 Likes