Steve Baker (administration), Lori Brown (administration), Dane Campbell (wrestling), Champy Halim (tennis), Pei Lin (diving), Alec Martinez (hockey), Ryne Robinson (football/baseball) and Ashley Swinehart (soccer)!

4 Likes

Will Bake still call games going forward? Seems like it from the wording in article

Proud of my good friend Champy for getting the nod. What an awesome class.

2 Likes

Oh, this is a great lineup of Miami greats! All so deserving of entering the Hall.!

3 Likes

RHR, it’s my understanding that Bake is ready and willing to continue his wonderful work as The Voice of the RedHawks. His retirement is from the day-to-day grind of scheduling, editing, supervising, making reservations for the crew, etc. I’m personally thrilled and relieved to know he wishes to sit at the mic for more outstanding broadcasts.

10 Likes

Lori Brown was also an athlete. Two sport athlete.

Hey, one of those people posts on Hawktalk once in awhile!

2 Likes

I was the student athletic trainer for tennis my junior year and Champy was part of that team. I was super disappointed when I got that assignment instead of one of the more high profile sports, but it was such a fun group and I had a great year hanging out with them and actually learned a ton! Happy to see Champy getting recognized!

3 Likes

depending on the year you are talking about, I might have been there!

'96-97 :smiley:

1 Like

:clap::clap: