Steele Offers

I agree he needs to get down to 275. Ideally, he would be able to play more minutes. I would love to see him become somewhat in the mold of Louisiana Tech’s Kenneth Lofton, Junior, who is similarly sized and averaged 16 and 10 last year. Yeah, I know that’s a lot of ifs.

He shot under 15% from 3 in JUCO. He was 0-1 at Cleveland State. If Steele decides to use him to stretch defenses, we have bigger problems. They don’t possess similar skillsets. They possess nearly opposite skillsets. Bowman was slow and had a jumpshot. Mirambeaux is quick, operates around the basket, and has never shot above 55% from the free throw line. Again, without mentioning their height and weight, tell me how they’re similar.

1 Like

I think that’s a good comp as a ceiling. The athleticism and how they play is really similar. Not sure who’d I pick as the floor. A quicker Darius Harper?

I agree, Jive. Definitely a ceiling.

1 Like

. That’s a good comp Blackbird…that said I did not comb the internet to find a comp…just saw a relatable 6-7 275 #er…mentioned above.

Anyway…Anderson was coached by an ex Bearcat…Marcus Sikes…who was/is allegedly 6-7/6-8 240…

Don’t know if Anderson is standing on something…but looks legit, height. Needs to get to this weight.

He’s very skilled. Weight isn’t everything, but losing 10-15 pounds could substantially improve his upside (and backside).

4 Likes

I saw Lofton when I watched the conference USA championship game. I have liked Eric Konkol (now the head coach at Tulsa) since he was a George Mason assistant, and so occasionally watched LaTech games.

2 Likes

Sounds good…the vid above, I posted awhile back (Eddie just added)…they look similar in style (Lofton)…clearly a forward, the tape (although limited) from Cleveland St…looks a lot slower and a center.

Competition is better at DI, but getting the weight down, we may have something that plays really well with the rest of roster…hope this kid can realize his potential.

Check out this under 18 FIBA action…

Looks like Western Michigan’s gym, LOL…

2 Likes

1.5 pts per game - and 20+ posts on MHT.

I thought I was the only person to get irrationally excited about Miami sports. Glad I found HawkTalk.

1 Like

Can’t resist the possibility that he suddenly channels his quasi Tractor Traylor (RIP), Chuck Barkley-esque moves…in the end he’s the most-intriguing 1.5 pts per game we’ve signed in a long while…LOL.

1 Like

Always good to see the nutritionists and weight loss experts coming out on the board.

Perhaps if he was 275, we wouldn’t be getting him?

1 Like

You are getting a little senile in your “older age!”

I don’t see any experts…just snips of vids of the kid when he is ~280, and when he’s not. Not rocket science…

Herbie…time to update yo pic.

2 Likes

I follow Santa Clara only because Herb is there.