Staff Changes

I believe Jordan is coaching a high school team.

Thanks for posting this for context.

This indicates that 5 of 12 Martinā€™s recent hires have been minorities.

Half were minorities before Ragland and Simmons.

These numbers are generally better than college football coaching staffs in general according to the latest data I have seen.

I donā€™t like the fact that these black coaches have left the program. However, I am pleased that Chuck and Miami gave them the opportunity to improve their coaching resume and climb the coaching ladder. That is a testimonial in itself.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for posting it RH16. But it doesnā€™t change the fact that the current staff is 2/20. If that little minority representation is fine with you, and the Miami administration, then so be it.

As for data, here is some, from September 2022. And the fact that Miami ā€œmayā€ be better than the data you have seen, doesnā€™t really change the issue or the numbers.

And by the way, the statistics are 49% of football players are black. I believe Miamiā€™s numbers are relatively close to that.

2 Likes

I am not sure I agree that only former college players can be coaches

1 Like
2 Likes

When might we see an official Miami announcement re staff changes , transfer additions and additional ā€™ 23 signees?

Probably not till spring ball

In just over an hour we will see history made, 2 black QBs starting against each other in the Super Bowl. Just think if they hadnā€™t been given the opportunityā€¦

Continuing the discussionā€¦ (Edited before kickoff)

Hoping for a Chiefs (+1.5) win, a high-scoring (51) game, and no touchback on the opening kickoff. Add a few other stuff with the free money provided by the Sports betting websites.

1 Like

Bengals lost to Chiefs in horrific circumstancesā€¦still a sore loser hereā€¦donā€™t care who wins and donā€™t even care to watch.

7 Likes

Understood. Of course, the Steelers missed the playoffs! Hopefully, weā€™ll get them back next year.

Great game so far. Back and forth.

3 Likes

Not impresssed. Until I see I see a Pan-Pacific Afro American and a Euro-Asian Asian QB, we have made NO PROGRESSS!!!

3 Likes

Was a fun game to watch. As a Bengals fan I am jealous.

1 Like

Interesting response.

3 Likes

Really? Seriously? I sincerely hope your post was sarcasm Maybe a weak attempt at humor.

If not, you should apologize to CoolPapa. And all of us who found it disturbing and disconcertingā€“at best.

1 Like

Official announcement just hit the website - Corey Brown is returning as DLine coach.

1 Like

They going to hire an tight end coach

1 Like

Pat Welsh will still be the TE coach.

Great hire to bring back Corey Brown!! And congrats to Gus and Simmons as well. But I truly love bringing Brown back. JT Jonesā€™ coach among others. Official release here:

1 Like

Anybody think itā€™s strange that our old OC has tweeted that heā€™s at Minnesota now and weā€™ve posted our new hires but we donā€™t have anyone listed as an OC on our Coaches list?

3 Likes