@ St. Cloud

Ironically, as a theatre alum, there is another “Eric Lange” (Not the American International Coach) who graduated from Miami and has a done really well on tv. You’ve probably seen him on A bunch of thinks (ie Narcos Mexico, Man in the High Castle, etc.) He can bring the money to finally do the Millet Reno😆

Hastings’ contract with Mankato runs through 2026-27, and the most recent renegotiation was less about his salary and more about getting specific commitments to monetary support for hockey from the university. I suppose he could be pried away, but it would be expensive both to afford his buyout and to make whatever financial commitments he’d expect.

Was out this evening and thought I’d check the score b4 heading to bed…big mistake…just more of the same.

1 Like

:beer:

1 Like

I don’t disagree, I guess I was just venting my frustration.

If Hastings moved it would probably be to a blue blood like Wisconsin or some NHL job. Lang wasn’t interested in the latest round of HE/ECAC jobs, so I doubt he’d come here.

Back to lurking.

In minor hockey they frequently stop posting goals for the winning team when the goal differential exceeds 6 goals. Geez!

2 Likes

I dont follow hockey like football and basketball- but I am absolutely shocked at how bad this is going

1 Like

Let me be clear, I like hockey, especially live hockey, it is fast moving and exciting. Hell, I traveled to Fairbanks to watch us play. That said, I really know very little (nothing) about the ins and outs of hockey strategy. I do know, however , that this is unacceptable. What is going on?

1 Like

At this stage it’s probably a good thing that our games are only available on an obscure pay-for-view network. Could that have been the most lopsided loss in Miami hockey history?

4 Likes

We lost 0-15 to BGSU in 1978 so purely by goal differential no.

Down 6-0 tonight in the 2nd. It doesn’t look like they are responding too well to last night’s shellacking. Not a good sign, whatever the reason for last night was.

8-0 currently. 19-1 on the weekend. Not great, bob

1 Like

At what point (assuming Sayler even cares anymore) is there a real push to go ‘back’ to the CCHA?

They haven’t sniffed .500 in conference in 6 seasons, have 14 NCHC wins in the last 2+ years…this program is nowhere near the caliber of the rest of the conference (and never really has been) and shows zero signs of turning a corner.

1 Like

Never isn’t correct (we were a runner up) but I get the point. We shouldn’t shrink from the only opportunity we have to
Play at the highest level. Just need to get better.

At least my prediction still looks good.

1 Like

Sorry Miami Hockey, still a great sports weekend. Who Dey.

2 Likes

Indeed!

And that would help the team how? The problem is the team is playing like crap, not the conference.

If they were in the Atlantic their record would still suck.

4 Likes

We’re just playing at a whole new level of suck…19-1 on the weekend! Have some respect for yourself. We’d be walloped wherever we go. As I said earlier on the season, we also lost to Long Island University…that’s right Long Island University!!!

2 Likes